cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this considered a downgrade?

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The loyalty bonus data email states "1 The data bonus will expire if your account becomes inactive or if you switch to an incompatible or lower-value plan"

I'm currently on the $34 CAN-US plan with 50GB. If I switch to the $75 for 60GB 90 day plan will I lose the 240GB data bonus?

8 REPLIES 8

@golfball wrote:

@Chalupa_Batman  Wow I'm pleasantly surprised at the response I received which I have attached below. Thanks for the advice!

Screenshot 2024-04-28 153639.png

At least you have proof. If they screw you over, CCTS....  lol

golfball

@Chalupa_Batman  Wow I'm pleasantly surprised at the response I received which I have attached below. Thanks for the advice!

Screenshot 2024-04-28 153639.png

Oh cool. Once again, because of the lack of communication and transparency from Public Mobile, I'd reach out to a CS Agent and confirm. Then take a screenshot of their reply as proof in case they are wrong.

golfball

@Chalupa_Batman Here's the plan:

IMG_3566.jpeg

golfball

@Chalupa_Batman  It's very confusing. The plan is marketed as a $29 plan with $4 off if you pay 90 days upfront. The $29 plans ARE compatible with the 240GB bonus and I've heard people say they were able to keep their data while coming down from $34.

Hey @Meow $75 / by 3 is $25 a month. Going from $34 down to $25 is a downgrade. 🙂 

EDIT: Not sure where you're seeing this $75 plan @golfball . This must have been from yesterday. They all changed this morning. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You will be UPGRADING your plan - going a step (or few) up so you should NOT lose your bonus data.

If you are to chose cheaper plan (i.e. $15) you WILL lose your bonus.

Did not see '90 days'. Must be so tired cannot read. Thank you @Chalupa_Batman for pointing it out.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @golfball 

I would say yes. That to me IMO is a downgrade. However, I have filed a CCTS complaint about that.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

Need Help? Let's chat.