cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need clarification regarding the 5GB bonus

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since there are too many threads to follow under "announcement", it's easier to start a new topic to get clarification.

I read through all the threads regarding the BF sale for "getting 5GB bonus data with activation a $35 plan" and I found 2 opposite opinions about the question ---- Could we lower down the plan to $25 or $15 after the first month of $35 but still keep the 5gb data. Here are the two different answers I copied:

1) "Yes it rolls over until completely used up. Thus it could last for years as an insurance policy against running out of data. Especially useful if you have a relatively low data plan such as the $15 or $25 plan. Just like the $5/500 minute Canada calling is a great insurance policy if you have the $15 plan that only has 100 outgoing minutes per 30 days."

2) "But they can't switch plans until they use all of the bonus 5G or they will lose what is left. Apparently the bonus 5G do roll over until all used up but only if they stay on the $35 plan. So if you are keeping the 5Gs as an " insurance if needed" you cannot move to a cheaper plan in the second month."

To me the second one sounds more reasonable based on what the "fine print" mentioned; however, lots of people said one can lower down the plan the next month without losing the bonus data.  Now I'm really confused and I believe many others might have the same concern as me.

In order for us to have a good understanding on this promotion, I wish that Tiana_V or Alan_K could give us a clear explanation instead of us continuing guessing and making suggestions like this. Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@dabr wrote:

@cat2019   After reading through some of the posts in the promo annoucement and others asking for clarification on the same point as yours, Alan_K has confirmed that the 5GB bonus data will drop off if the plan is changed.  In fact he states "any kind of change".

That means PM will follow what the fine prints say. Good to know that it is confirmed from Alan_k so there should be no more guessing about that part. Thanks!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cat2019   After reading through some of the posts in the promo annoucement and others asking for clarification on the same point as yours, Alan_K has confirmed that the 5GB bonus data will drop off if the plan is changed.  In fact he states "any kind of change".

@cat2019 

The official word from Public mobile employee would likely be based on what the terms and condition of the promotion.

5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $35/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This offer is subject to change without notice. This offer is not stackable.

Nobody will know until somebody tries to lower their plan and then see what happens with the 5GB data add on.  

Personally, I would lean towards option 1.  PM programming is likely not advanced enough to get rid of the data on if the plan is changed lower.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Good questions...in the past, at your next renewal, you could change from the promo plan to a lower plan and still keep the bonus data. As I said...in the past.

Need Help? Let's chat.