cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

MMS error??

Hello all. 

Today I started to receive an error when sending MMS messages, stating that MMS is not supported/server error, and then receiving messages sent from the other person, with the text reading "2504:Your balance is too low"....

Anyone have any idea what that is? Or if there is a fix that I'm not aware of? 

Having worked in tech previously, I've done the usual cycling, SIM removing, etc. 

The balance isn't an issue, for starters. My plan is coming up for renewal on the 30th and there's more than enough for that. 

Just flummoxed. 

Oracle

Re: MMS error??

@Clefort88. Are you on the limited text/min plan? 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Have you tried sending the MMS with data on? It's alright if you don't have a data plan. The data just needs to be on. Make sure your data is on and your friend's data is on, as well. Try it then.

Here's a post to configure your APN to make sure cellular data is properly set up.

Hope you find a fix!

I am not on any limited plan whatsoever. Unlimited everything and 6.5GBs of data.

As for the mobile data, yes everything is on. I never turn my data off, and my messages are allowed full access even when Data Saver is on.

It just keeps saying "server response error" lol
Sends like 3 pictures and then gives me that error.

@Clefort88 wrote:
It just keeps saying "server response error" lol
Sends like 3 pictures and then gives me that error.

Hmm...

This is probably a deeper network issue then. Paging @Moderator_Team to help you out.

In the mean time, why not try configuring your APN to match the values in this post? Maybe a solution will pop up that way.

I googled the error and it does ellude to an error in your apn settings. I would follow the steps in the previous post to try and fix the problem.

I did follow the APN guide, added the PM one, with all the proper settings, thrice checked, and now it's simply not sending at all. No error message, but pictures also just aren't sending at all.
Could definitely use the assistance of @Moderator_Team lol
Mayor / Maire

Android or ios?

Is the messaging app on the latest version?

Have you tried switching apps?

Android, with Oreo update.

I'm using the stock messaging app. I was using Textra which is my favourite and amazing, but it was giving me the same error messages so I switched to stock to see if that would remedy the issue.
It has not.
I've done the APN switch and have restarted my phone.
I'm reticent to attempt sending a picture for fear that it will give me that disappointing notification again haha