cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: International texting to Russia does not work

I was fishing for whether you picked up a new number that the Russian system might not know about yet.

But nevermind.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@irinaa Try downloading the TextNow app and and use it over WiFi to send your message to Russia it could be as simple as @hairbag1 suggested above.  Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@gblackma thanks, I will give it a try. You too stay safe!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@irinaa...

@hairbag1 wrote:

Might be a problem on the receiving end. Make sure that they haven't somehow Blocked your texts.

My guess is that something is amiss on their end...not yours.

If you can successfully send / receive texts in Canada, it should work for International texts as well.

Keep us posted though in case this ever comes up again.

Good luck and welcome to PM.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Do you know some one else on PM or one of us here that could try to text one of your numbers in Russia? And see if successful.  

If previous successful texts from other carrier were from same number as your PM number (because you ported) the “from” number should not be an issue. 

Highlighted

@LurganIeUk yes, I have a friend on Public Mobile and I asked him to text from his number to test if that would work. It's currently nighttime in Russia so we haven't heard back yet.

If that works, maybe it has something to do with porting the number. I ported my number from Rogers whereas my friend got a new phone number when he moved to Public Mobile.

I will update this post once I have an update.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@irinaa   If you're unable to resolve this, I think you should have moderators take a look at your account.  You can submit a ticket via SIMon chatbot ? mark and follow the prompts or private message Moderator_Team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

While you wait to hear back from them maybe try the lost/stolen trick to see if it makes any difference.  Log into account and select plans/add-ons tab, then lost/stolen, suspend service, log out wait a few mins, log back in and resume service, log out and restart your phone.

Highlighted

@dabr on that's an interesting idea, I will try toggling the service! Thank you!
I will also submit a ticket to the mods.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Does local texting work....or to another country?

Highlighted

@LurganIeUk yes, local texting works.

Need Help? Let's chat.