cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does holiday giveaway cover local calls?

Vicky11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I added the $0 Free holiday giveaway 500 min INTL long distance incl Can and US. I thought I could use this for local calling in Toronto as well but I got a public mobile text saying I had a few minutes left. Essentially I'm asking if the add-on covers local Toronto area calls.

7 REPLIES 7

Vicky11

I do see the add-on and I am on autopay. Thanks for the reply I'll try that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vicky11 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I'm still having a problem with this. I know there are no more mins left on my $15 account, but I have over 400mins left on the holiday giveaway. I'm receiving calls without any problem, but when I try to call, I get the "no more mins on this plan" message and it disconnects me. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there someway for me to access the holiday giveaway mins for my outgoing local toronto calls?

If you see the $0 holiday gift in your my data & add-ons area and it's not working for calls to Canada while in Canada then something's wrong.

If you are on autopay then maybe try adding a dollar to your account as a manual payment and then restart your phone.

Vicky11

Thanks for the reply. I'm still having a problem with this. I know there are no more mins left on my $15 account, but I have over 400mins left on the holiday giveaway. I'm receiving calls without any problem, but when I try to call, I get the "no more mins on this plan" message and it disconnects me. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there someway for me to access the holiday giveaway mins for my outgoing local toronto calls?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice nuance there cin7.

Yes @Vicky11 , these other add-ons won't get consumed until you need them. Plan features will always consume first. The limited minute plans will get a text saying there are 10 minutes left. When those finish then calls will seamlessly flip over to whatever relevant add-on it can use. On the same call.

edit: I won't get into multiple relevant add-ons 🙂

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes it does! 

The reason for the text message may likely have been that you've almost used up the allotted minutes on your PM plan. For example, I receive such a text message when I almost/completely use up 100 minutes in my $15 plan.

Happy holidays!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Vicky11  Yes it does. This current holiday add-on covers.

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

But it would be best to simply buy a $5 add-on for 500 Canada wide minutes and save your holiday gift for actual long distance calls to other countries.

Up to you though!

Happy Holidays 🙂

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Vicky11 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I added the $0 Free holiday giveaway 500 min INTL long distance incl Can and US. I thought I could use this for local calling in Toronto as well but I got a public mobile text saying I had a few minutes left. Essentially I'm asking if the add-on covers local Toronto area calls.

Yes, it will cover local calls in the Toronto area. The promo international minutes can be used for calls in Canada.

The promo can be used to make calls to these countries:

Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Need Help? Let's chat.