Did you mean: 

Canada US plan

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Will Public be offering the Canada US plan again?  😊

$60 for 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text

11 REPLIES 11

@MizC wrote:

*update - sorry I didn't see they were talking about a different plan with 2 GB of US Data  - mine is just the standard older plan they had when I signed up.

I have had the Canada US plan for years. I have never seen it include US roaming.

It is just free calls from Canada to the US. 

• This plan includes: -
  • - 1GB at 3G Speed
  • - 3 Choices with Talk to Canada & US
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

Not sure how to get roaming added, I never used it but the plan has always just been free calls in Canada and the US.

C

Currently, the only way to get U.S. roaming working with your Public Mobile service is to purchase a 10-day roaming add-on package. There are no plans at Public Mobile including U.S. roaming being currently offered.

MizC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

*update - sorry I didn't see they were talking about a different plan with 2 GB of US Data  - mine is just the standard older plan they had when I signed up.

I have had the Canada US plan for years. I have never seen it include US roaming.

It is just free calls from Canada to the US. 

• This plan includes: -
  • - 1GB at 3G Speed
  • - 3 Choices with Talk to Canada & US
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

Not sure how to get roaming added, I never used it but the plan has always just been free calls in Canada and the US.

C

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Korth wrote:

Canada/USA border restrictions which probably won't be lifted before next spring/summer, at the earliest.

So it seems to me there isn't going to be a lot of Canadian consumer demand for USA-based or USA-roaming plans. Not enough demand to make supplying such a plan a worthwhile venture for the third-tier providers, anyhow.

Optimism is good - and you never know, your dream plan might be announced tomorrow.

But a little realism is also necessary.

The old roaming plan would stil be good for essiental workers such as transpot truck drivers or health care workers who live on one side of the border but work on the other. It could also prove useful for those who live next to the border if the signal often switches to an American network.

Canada/USA border restrictions which probably won't be lifted before next spring/summer, at the earliest.

So it seems to me there isn't going to be a lot of Canadian consumer demand for USA-based or USA-roaming plans. Not enough demand to make supplying such a plan a worthwhile venture for the third-tier providers, anyhow.

Optimism is good - and you never know, your dream plan might be announced tomorrow.

But a little realism is also necessary.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DDM69 Probably not if you spend a lot of time in the US why not look for US based plan that covers NA?

https://www.cricketwireless.com/mexico-and-canada-roaming-plans.html

@DDM69 

"Never say never..." but i would say very unlikely especially with the travel ban and an open ended date to whether travel outside of canada will ever return to "normal". But you could always add it to the wishlist. Stranger things have happened.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/The-Community-s-Public-Mobile-Wishlist/m-p/...

If you really are keen on having that plan I have seen offerings on Craigslist of various accounts available due to their no longer offered plans and their features ( $10 50/50 plan, 90 day plans with 4G LTE data etc....and desirable phone numbers or high accumulated reward values.) You could always regularily peruse those kind of ads on various resale websites.

@DDM69 

No one here knows. All answers are going to only be speculation.  Public Mobile hasn't been offering the most innovative promotions of late. If Lucky offers U.S. roaming included in a plan, that greatly increases the chances of it. However, I believe that since recreation travel to the U.S. is currently banned, the usefullness of such a plan would be less than before.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is uncertain if PM will offer them again.  Check the plans or announcements section.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DDM69 , I would give this a zero chance of occurring.  The competition are not offering it.  

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DDM69 

Your guess is as good as ours, but promotions do drop from time to time.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It was only offered for a limited time and it's been around a year now that it has not came back.

Chances are slim however you never know what the future holds. Maybe something could appear after covid when people start traveling again.

Need Help? Let's chat.