cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are incoming calls "free"?

Hello,

I paid for the $15 plan, 100 canada-wide anytime minutes and unlimited texting, what I'm curious about and I suppose it probably applies to any of the plans PM offers is if incoming calls are free and it's only outgoing calls that count towards your minutes?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Nasif619
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Are incoming calls "free"?

Incoming calls are counted towards the 100 minutes you are allocated each month. Therefore you are going to use up your minutes if you either receive a call or get a voicemail.

View solution in original post

All Replies
duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Barryere wrote:

Hello,

I paid for the $15 plan, 100 canada-wide anytime minutes and unlimited texting, what I'm curious about and I suppose it probably applies to any of the plans PM offers is if incoming calls are free and it's only outgoing calls that count towards your minutes?

Thanks.

Both incoming and outgoing will use your minutes. Some texting plans are only counting outgoing, and incoming are unlimited. But for calls both count against your minutes. 

Nasif619

Incoming calls are counted towards the 100 minutes you are allocated each month. Therefore you are going to use up your minutes if you either receive a call or get a voicemail.

View solution in original post

Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Oh okay, thanks for the info.

I got very little minutes as I mostly just intend to use the number for texts.

@Barryere wrote:

Hello,

Thanks.

Yes, incoming calls count as part as part of your 100 minutes.  Public Mobile does have plan options that include unlimited phone calls.

warzouing

How about incoming calls from International ? I have an unlimited Canada-wide call plan.

@warzouing wrote:

How about incoming calls from International ? I have an unlimited Canada-wide call plan.

It makes no difference for you where the other person calls from, as long as you are in Canada when you answer.

Lieux
Oracle

@warzouing wrote:

You can receive calls from anywhere and because you have unlimited call plan it doesn't count . Public mobile it's prepaid so any more charges. 

warzouing

Thanks for the info ! In other worlds, with the unlimited canada wide calling plan, I don't have to worry about incoming calls to my PM number no matter where they are originated from and outgoing calls to anywhere in Canada from my PM number. Great !

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@warzouing wrote:

Thanks for the info ! In other worlds, with the unlimited canada wide calling plan, I don't have to worry about incoming calls to my PM number no matter where they are originated from and outgoing calls to anywhere in Canada from my PM number. Great !

That is correct!  Welcome to Public Mobile!

Need Help? Let's chat.