cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS / MMS issue migrate S21FE from fido

Levelbear1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have helped many people migrate without issue.  Usually resetting the APN setting to default populates them properly and all works. In this instance NO

Any suggestions before a factory reset / wipe?

Origin carrier is FIDO / ROGERS (phone number transferred)
Phone Hardware  Samsung Galaxy S21FE

Almost seamless transition process
What works

• INCOMING CALLS
  • OUTGOING CALLS
  • VOICEMAIL
  • DATA (3G 4G LTE 5G)

What doesn't work 

• SMS send
  • SMS receive
  • MMS
  • Register RCS

Next step is a factory reset but.
TRIED

• resetting APN DEFAULT
  • validated APN data auto populated
  • add APN with correct data (MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca or version posted with IP)
  • reset network.
2 REPLIES 2

Levelbear1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

IO have submit the message to you privately.
This is what I love about your service. 

• I ask a question, get an answer.

• Now I submit a ticket, -I bet it is fixed.

Time spent of mine 10min.  

• NO WAITING ON HOLD for hours.

• NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT taking down what you say and typing the ticket to and AGENT WRONG

Boom-bada-bing
- > PUBLIC mobile stripped down customer service method is direct and truly the best for ANYONE who can read and write!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Levelbear1 

can you confirm if you activate with new number or port in number from another old provider?

For your SMS issue, PM is having problem provisioning text capability for new activations.  And i RCS registration will also be impacted without a working SMS. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Under-Investigation-Ongoing-Issue-Text-Me...

PM is working on a fix but for now, they can only resolve the issue on a case by case basis.  Please open ticket with PM support by messaging CS Agent here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.