cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on

Whilsendeger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • I bought 2 extra gigs of data for 30 dollars. I only ever received 1 gig. Now I had to buy another gig. So I spent 45 dollars, and only got 2 gigs. How do I fix this?
25 REPLIES 25

Included Plan Data versus Data Add-on.... two different items that behave very differently from each other here at PM.

AE_Collector

@jadedetrey wrote:

Thank you for this information.

Am I correct then that my 1GB that I do receive each month with the $25 plan on auto-pay will also role over each month if I haven't used all of the 1GB that month?

thank you,

Jade

Nope...if you don't use it, you lose it.

@jadedetrey  that is incorrect.

1 gig plan data if not all used at end of 30 day period simply renews at payment do date.

It does not carry over.

The 1 gig data add-on for $15 would carry over.

jadedetrey

thanks

jadedetrey

Thank you for this information.

Am I correct then that my 1GB that I do receive each month with the $25 plan on auto-pay will also role over each month if I haven't used all of the 1GB that month?

thank you,

Jade

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That's the nice thing about add-ons at public mobile you don't find that they tack it on every month on your bill whether you need it or not like a lot of other mobile providers.

@jadedetrey wrote:

Hello,

This isn't a direct reply to your question... but maybe someone can tell me.... I bought the U.S> calling add on of 200 minutes a month or more ago. I used some of those minutes but not many. Will those minutes be banked for me to still use?...Yes, they stay on your account until you use them up....even if that takes several months or more.

Also: just because I bought that add on once it doesn't mean that it means I have signed up for it every month (recurring?) right? Correct..if you ever want the add-on again, you have to go through the 2 step process again.

I am just wondering if I have any of those minutes left to use 🙂  

Thanks Community 🙂

Jade

jadedetrey

Thank you 🙂

Yes add-ons roll over every 30 days until all used up. The ones that do not roll over are the 10day USA roaming add-ons.

No add-on is reoccuring.

@jadedetrey 

jadedetrey

Hello,

This isn't a direct reply to your question... but maybe someone can tell me.... I bought the U.S> calling add on of 200 minutes a month or more ago. I used some of those minutes but not many. Will those minutes be banked for me to still use?

Also: just because I bought that add on once it doesn't mean that it means I have signed up for it every month (recurring?) right?

I am just wondering if I have any of those minutes left to use 🙂  

Thanks Community 🙂

Jade

Your overview tab will show add-ones something like this. Right after you bought the initial two 1Gb add-ons they should have each been on this list. As you can see on my list there are two 1 Gb add-ons one labelled Holiday Give Away and one is 1Gb Promo.... one is unused so far and the other has been partially used. 

If you look at your current overview you will just see what portion remains of your current 1 Gb add-on.

AE_CollectorFB51721B-CDC4-48D9-B2BF-F26F88A97B7B.jpeg

@Whilsendeger  your screen shot (2nd one) shows your phone number. Please delete it as this is a public forum and everyone can see it.

Also click on your badge top right then select my profile. Scroll down to your pictures and delete it from there as well.

I am not certain how to verify that you actually received the initial 2 - 1 Gb add-ons and used them up. But that appears to be the case. They show as purchased and are now gone from your add-on list indicating they are fully consumed. Someone might be able to help determine that but you may have to get confirmation from moderators. My guess is the first two were purchased and consumed.

A note here that there are definitely now 30 day plans available To you from PM that give you a LOT more data for a lower cost than you are now paying. For example, the $40/30 day/5 Gb data plan. Over 90 days it will cost you $120 rather than $135. It will give you 15 Gb of data rather than 3 Gb data. 5 times as much. BUT...it will be “3G Like” Speeds where as you have LTE speeds now. Most people here including myself notice little or no difference in going to 3G like speeds but it depends on what you use data for. If you leave your LTE speed plan ou cant get it back again.

AE_Collector

Yes just the one add-on remaining. I modified my previous post to have you post the Overview Tab rather than the Add-On tab but you were already on it. HOWEVER, the overview tab has info in the top right corner that you want to avoid posting. Referal codes etc. But I dont think that you need to now.

Whilsendeger

edited by computergeek541: account screenshot removed

Ah so you are on a 90 day plan. I called it Old because they haven't been offered for at least a year, probably more like 1 1/2 years but still remain grandfathered to anyone on one.

SO yes you have purchased 3 - 1 Gb data add ins now based on what you posted. I would assume that the first two were used up when you had to buy the third one a couple of weeks later. Next you need to post. Picture of the Plans and Add-Ons list. PM has a quirk of simply removing items once consumed so if you consumed both of the initial 1 Gb add-ons they simply disappear rather than showing all data used. You likely only have the current 1Gb add-on remaining on the list.

Best place to see your add-ones is on the “Overview” tab. BUT, be careful to not post any personal info, account info or referral codes that are on the upper right side of that screen. This is a public web site that anyone can access.

AE_Collector

Whilsendeger

 same 90 day plan I have had since I joined

@Whilsendeger 

Are you on one of the old 90 day plans?

Or did you mean renewed July 6?

What day were the. Add-ons purchased or at least paid for?

As @mimmo mentioned previously, A screen shot of the financial activity on your account beginning when you purchased the 2 add-ons is really the only way for us to determine if $15 actually vanished or was applied against something else.

AE_Collector

Whilsendeger

Renewed June 6

If the extra money is gone from your balance, when did your plan last renew? It may have just subsidized your last renewal.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Whilsendeger wrote:

The money is gone. I m aware of the 2 step purchasing. Thx

What are the odds you inadvertently bought the US roaming data?

Maybe post a screen snip of your overview page and maybe even your Plan Details page. Blank out personal info of course.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you post a screenshot of your transaction history?  That will show the 3 purchases and the 3 top ups.

Only from seeing the records can we figure out what happened.

Contact moderators to look into your account. Two ways to reach them.

1- 

Simon.JPG

2- or via private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Whilsendeger 

Whilsendeger

The money is gone. I m aware of the 2 step purchasing. Thx

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Buying add-ons is a two step process.

1- add money to account

2-. Buy the add-on.

If money is in available funds. You have done step one. Now go back and Buy the add-on. (Is the normal procedure)

Is there $15 in your available funds?

Need Help? Let's chat.