cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6s SIM card not supported

cme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am hoping someone can help me out in a timely manner.

I just switched from Rogers to Public mobile, my problem is not new but i can't seem to fix it.

the phone is now connected to pub,ic mobile but it is saying the SIM card is not supported, and

I know the phone is not locked I called, it has not been for sometime. It is really important I get this phone working, please can someone help me, did I make a big mistake switiching, I am hoping not. 

HELP Pls

thank you in advance

11 REPLIES 11

@raisen wrote:

See correct APN settings to your iphone 6s

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-6s

The OP of this thread already told us that the phone was locked and that he got it unlocked and that everything is now working. There's no need to make changes to APN settings when everything is working. The issue appears to be completely the the phone was carrier locked.

raisen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

See correct APN settings to your iphone 6s

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-6s

@Rohit wrote:

Is it a phone from the states, check if its a locked phone... 

Cme already said that it was a Rogers phone and that he called them again for them to unlock.it.

@Rohit  if the phone was previously working on Rogers what does the US have to do with anything???

@Rohit wrote:

Rohit

cme

THANK YOU COMMUNITY YOU ROCK!

You were right, after calling the second time and making sure this time the phone was unlocked it was.

Working now thanks everyone>

@cme wrote:

Rogers said that since 2017  once phones are paid of within their contracts they are no longer locked. The guy said he checked and it is definately unlocked.

is it something Apple could help me with do you know?

Phones that were locked still had to get unlocked. Unlocking didn't happen automatically.  Also, the unlocking had nothing to do with contract status. Since date that these rules took effect, phones weren't allowed to be sold to you locked (or they had to unlock it for you) even if it was sold on contract.

Unless that person completed the process for you, it's likely still locked, a status that the message that you are seeing all but confirms.  As from before, you do need to contact Rogers to have the phone unlocked. Apple will likely help, but it's actually the carriers that are supposed to do it.

@cme  Connect to WiFi and access your iTunes account to see if it makes a difference. Sounds like your phone is still locked to Rogers.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cme wrote:

Rogers said that since 2017  once phones are paid of within their contracts they are no longer locked. The guy said he checked and it is definately unlocked.

Yes, Apple Canada will unlocked your Rogers phone. Since CRTC said provider cannot lock their phone.

cme

@cme wrote:

I am hoping someone can help me out in a timely manner.

I just switched from Rogers to Public mobile, my problem is not new but i can't seem to fix it.

the phone is now connected to pub,ic mobile but it is saying the SIM card is not supported, and

I know the phone is not locked I called, it has not been for sometime. It is really important I get this phone working, please can someone help me, did I make a big mistake switiching, I am hoping not. 

HELP Pls

thank you in advance

Your iPhone 6 is locked to Rogers.  You must get Rogers to have Apple unlock it for you before you can use it at Public Mobile.  I do not believe that you were given correct information by Rogers before. Unless you've ever tried a non-Rogers sim card in this phone before, there's no way to know for sue that it was previously unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.