cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Umidigi X - APN settings

@mehrafsa  One last thing to try. Insert the PM sim card. Go into your settings and turn data off. Once Mobile data is turned off go into the APN settings. Does the + sign appear?

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@geopublicNo, unfortunately, there is no add option with data-enabled or disabled.

Highlighted

@gblackma, @geopublic Already too many people reached out to the manufacturer and this is partly carrier and partly manufacterer problem. So far looks like there is no collaboration between companies to solve the problem. They might have disabled APN lock feature in their new android 10 but not this.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

This situation is all kinds of messed up - between the phone manufacturer, and the version of Android they install, something like this, that's an everyday kind of use-case scenario for a current cell phone, SHOULD NOT be such an issue! 🤬 

Highlighted

I just purchased an Umidigi X phone. I can confirm that the instructions for adding APNs through ADB shell command does not work. However, I did have a Freedom Sim Card which I popped into the phone and that allowed me to add new APNs. After adding the APN for Public Mobile with the Freedom Sim Card still inserted, you will not see it even after clicking the "save" option. However, as soon as you insert the Public Mobile SIM card it will show the APN that you previously saved. My data is working flawlessly.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@fcandia wrote:

I just purchased an Umidigi X phone. I can confirm that the instructions for adding APNs through ADB shell command does not work. However, I did have a Freedom Sim Card which I popped into the phone and that allowed me to add new APNs. After adding the APN for Public Mobile with the Freedom Sim Card still inserted, you will not see it even after clicking the "save" option. However, as soon as you insert the Public Mobile SIM card it will show the APN that you previously saved. My data is working flawlessly.

@mehrafsa  Hopefully this will also work for your situation.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The command am start the doesn't work.

You know how to write correctly the command? 

Thanks for your help

Need Help? Let's chat.