cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniela
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Restore my contact

I just "master clear" my phone and I lost all my contacts. I would like to find a way to have them back.

Accepted Solutions
Martin
Legend

Re: Restore my contact

Daniela,

When you did a factory reset, everything was deleted from your phone that was added after you acquired it.

If your phone is synchronized with your Google account, your contacts are there. Once you sign into your Google account from your phone, your contacts will start downloading.

If you have an iPhone and backed your contacts up, then you still have them.

If neither applies, I regret to inform you that your contacts are lost.

One way to retrieve them is to go into your PM online account, and check Usage History, which goes back 365 days. The history will show you the numbers you called and the numbers which your callers used to call you. It's not a perfect solution, but you will be able to salvage some contacts.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Daniela 

If you've master cleared or "factory reset" your phone and didn't have the contacts backed up to an email account or memory card - provided your phone has that functionality than they are likely permanently erased.

Martin
Legend

Daniela,

When you did a factory reset, everything was deleted from your phone that was added after you acquired it.

If your phone is synchronized with your Google account, your contacts are there. Once you sign into your Google account from your phone, your contacts will start downloading.

If you have an iPhone and backed your contacts up, then you still have them.

If neither applies, I regret to inform you that your contacts are lost.

One way to retrieve them is to go into your PM online account, and check Usage History, which goes back 365 days. The history will show you the numbers you called and the numbers which your callers used to call you. It's not a perfect solution, but you will be able to salvage some contacts.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If at any time you exported your contacts to SIM, U can import them back again to the phone, if none of above suggested ideas were not completed, only solution is to reenter them manually. don't forget to back them up using gmail, SD, SIM or any other back up facility
chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Daniela, I don't mean to sound rude but you sound like a 10 year old, if you didn't regularly back up your info or didn't back up your info before doing a master reset then how do you expect Public Mobile to help you restore them?
Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired

@chukdefatey  - Let's not underestimate the power of the most basic questions as these have the greater impact on the end-user experience. 

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Now days 10 years old girly are smarter than old years mummies

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mansi_G, if that the case then get @daniela's contact back for her.
Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired

hi @chukdefatey - you know that every issue may not have a resolution but now Daniela is aware of the impacts of master clearing the phone.  

Martin
Legend

chuk,

You're discussing the theoretical. How do you know that Daniela is NOW without her contacts?

She did accept my solution, and I certainly didn't private-message her to do so.

It seems that you're arguing a point for the sake of arguing. Also, why did you find it necessary to insult her in regard to sounding like a ten-year-old? Do you like to be insulted?

To keep track:
1: you have an issue with people who warn others to not post personal information
2: you insulted a person whom you felt should have known better? Have you ever heard the expression, "To err is human".

The most disappointing aspect of your behaviour is to put people down. Does it make you feel superior when you do, as if you were standing on the backs of your inferiors?
Need Help? Let's chat.