cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if I want to skip a month and continue using my pre-paid sim card in May?

qhy232
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a  pre-paid sim card and the service will expire on Apr 6th. As I'm leaving CA for China on Apr 8th and will stay in China for a entire month and I won't be using public mobile service there so I'm thinking what options I have now.

So what if I skip this month (without pre-paying my sim card), and continue using it when I get back in May? Would it cause any issue for my public mobile account (credit wise)? 

15 REPLIES 15

@Dhalu 

An account left suspended for 90 days would be permanenty closed and the phone number would be lost.

Dhalu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I want to ask as I am looking at this post. 

Is that true that account will go in suspension if we don't pay and what will happen to number? It will also go in suspension? When we start account in 90 days, the number will remain same our number?

@Sandeep211 wrote:

But does the plan's cost accululate for each month if i stop to auto-pay?

No.  A new billing cycle starts as soon as adequate payment is made to resume service. You don't need to pay for the time that your sevice has been cut off.

Sandeep211
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

But does the plan's cost accululate for each month if i stop to auto-pay?

Thx @Luddite
Great piece of knowledge appreciate it
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@Samianauman Here's my stab at explaining what happens at renewal: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
No you don't. If when the time comes for renewal, the system sees a credit card in the account. It uses that.
Only if the account good to suspension, then one needs to manually pay.

@Luddite
Let me ask u other way my account is active till June 24th 2017 i can setup auto pay now I mean if I set auto pay and add my credit card then on Jun 24th it will automatically charge my credit card or no or do I have to pay one time payment in simple words if I setup auto pay today or tomorrow then Jun 24th I don't have to make a one time payment right
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Sorry for the confusion. Make a 1 time payment, I don't see how autopay while suspended can work.

@Luddite appreciate your help
I m assuming yes means we can do autopay option right

qhy232
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got it. Thanks for the heads up. 

@Samianauman wrote:
Question
When he get back does he have to make 1 time payment or he can restart the auto pay option

Yes

Question
When he get back does he have to make 1 time payment or he can restart the auto pay option

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

What you need to do is Disable AutoPay if you have it enabled. This will let your account sit on suspended status. Maximum days you can let it sit is 90 days. Since you are just going for a month, it will be fine. Disable AutoPay and then Enable when you get back. 

If you already have AutoPay disabled, don't put any money into your account till you get back. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

You will be fine.  Account termination happens after 90 days.  So, don't pay, let the account go into suspension.  When you come back, pay up and restore account to active status.  

Need Help? Let's chat.