cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barndoor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: what is a phone call ?

@z10user4 wrote:

@barndoor : I personally don't really like the term "roll-over" in this context.

What term do you  feel is better ?  😉

Minutes seem to be disappearing quickly . It seems that  they round up the minutes ...30 seconds and over counts a minute .  Seems if i  took too long to dial and let it ring too long it counted as a call even if not answered .  Hmmm  ...

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor : lol 🙂 Good question. I don't have one word. I have a phrase. "Buy once, consume over time". Roll-over implies buying again in my head. Like other providers. The add-ons can automatically renew...roll-over.

Keep refreshing the overview page. You might see counters increment up. And then refresh and they drop down.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor...

if you find you're using more minutes than you though you would, consider upgrading your plan to the $25 plan...it has Unlimited Canada wide calling as well as 500mb + 500mb of data.

You can set to Change at my next renewal or Change plan now. If you opt for change right away, you'll pay right away and you'll forfeit whatever balance of talk / data you have remaining on current plan...and there's no refunds or prorating of plans.

Just something else to think about !!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@barndoor : I personally don't really like the term "roll-over" in this context.

What term do you  feel is better ?  😉

Minutes seem to be disappearing quickly . It seems that  they round up the minutes ...30 seconds and over counts a minute .  Seems if i  took too long to dial and let it ring too long it counted as a call even if not answered .  Hmmm  ...

@barndoor     Your available outgoing plan mins shouldn't be getting deducted if your call didn't get answered by the person you called or the answering system.    If you're seeing minutes deducted when the call didn't connect, then perhaps you need to contact moderators to take a look at your account. 

krs99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

AFAIK, calls on PM are always rounded up to the next minute, not just calls 30 seconds or over, but all of them.

So a call 1 minute and 1 second would count as 2 minutes

@krs99 wrote:

AFAIK, calls on PM are always rounded up to the next minute, not just calls 30 seconds or over, but all of them.

So a call 1 minute and 1 second would count as 2 minutes

I don't know of any carrier who rounds down to the lower minute. Anjy partial minute counts as a full minute. In addition, for outgoing  calls, the ring time also counts.

barndoor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

In this day and age of technology, precision  and measurement to 1/100 of a minute as recorded in my usage here ...why is there rounding anyway  ? 

I have had a number of short calls and my billed for time is almost exactly twice that of my actual time as PM has logged it . 

Does it really matter that the time is rounded up ?? No, its a good enough deal  and the addons are flexible enough that it really  doesn't  matter ... for what I use anyway. It's just good to know how things work . Thanks for the input .

@krs99 

You are right. When I went back and rechecked they have rounded  every call up  except for three accidents  that were not over 5 seconds that they have not included .

krs99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@barndoor 

If you look at your detailed usage, it shows the duration of the calls to the nearest second. It's just the billing that is set up to round to the next minute.

And it seems from your comment that there is also a grace period set up, something like 5 seconds.

Need Help? Let's chat.