cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Simcard

lemlem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the new public mobile simcard earlier today and now that I have inserted the simcard, it is requesting for a "SIM network unlock PIN", I do not know what that is. 

8 REPLIES 8

@lemlem wrote:

It is an unlocked Samsung phone, I didn't have a problem with my previous SIM card/ provided. 

Your phone is not unlocked. Sorry, but you will have to get it unlocked before you can use this device at Public Mobile.

@lemlem wrote:

How do I get the public mobile sim card unlocked then? 

@lemlem  it's not the sim card that is locked. You previous provider locked your phone so you need to ask them to unlock it.

lemlem

How do I get the public mobile sim card unlocked then? 

@lemlem wrote:

It is an unlocked Samsung phone, I didn't have a problem with my previous SIM card/ provided. 

@lemlem Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

@lemlem wrote:

Some phone lock automatically to the first SIM inserted. Samsung is notorious for this.

lemlem

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@lemlem wrote:

I purchased the new public mobile simcard earlier today and now that I have inserted the simcard, it is requesting for a "SIM network unlock PIN", I do not know what that is. 

If you don't want to deal with the old conpany, you can buy an unlock code from ebay but from the old Canadia  carrier is free.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@lemlem wrote:

Your phone is locked to your previous provider. You have to contact them for the unlock key.

If it's a Samsung phone you can also start a live chat on Samsung.ca

Need Help? Let's chat.