cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number from TextNow

sirvaan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to transfer a number from TextNow, which is basically a Voip, to Public mobile?

In TextNow app, it is just a number and my name, and there is not any account number, address, etc to provide to PM so they can port my number.

Any idea?

53 REPLIES 53

@manishCanada 

Welcome to public mobile!

You should be able to still recieve incoming calling on your text now app. Once that stops you are in the home stretch.

manishCanada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the response. If thats the case , will patiently wait. Any ways exited to be part of PM community 

@manishCanada 

@manishCanada wrote:

I am facing the same problem, i can call and text but i cannot receive calls. Can you please guide , if you just waited or reached out to public mobile for re-porting. Can you please guide. 

As mentioned in above posts, it will take up to 3-4 days for the port to be completed.  Looks like your port has began, but not completed yet.  If it has been more than 3-4 days, you will need to contact PM's customer service agent (CSA).  

manishCanada

I am facing the same problem, i can call and text but i cannot receive calls. Can you please guide , if you just waited or reached out to public mobile for re-porting. Can you please guide. 

sorry.. i got my SIM card from my time machine...😰

@Cyril0 

Below is a new public mobile card....intact and with the nano sim removed.

Nano w/ white trim, micro w/blue trim and regular w/ multi-coloured graphic background.Nano w/ white trim, micro w/blue trim and regular w/ multi-coloured graphic background.Nano sim removed. Framing left intact just in case its needed to fit the sim into a phone that takes a larger size.Nano sim removed. Framing left intact just in case its needed to fit the sim into a phone that takes a larger size.

@Cyril0 , you sim card might look like this, it can cut into the 3 different sizes:  Standard, Micro, Nano

softech_0-1617842935927.png

or take pictures of yours and maybe we can help

@Cyril0 

Do you mean your phone isn't compatible with public mobile? The tri-cut sim card is compatible with all phones unless its e-sim only.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cyril0  With TextNow, you will have coverage through Wi-Fi and the Nationwide Sprint Network and Sprint uses a CDMA network. Your phone might not be compatible with Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cyril0 : Make/model/submodel? How old's the phone? Where did it come from? Which provider?

Cyril0

My sim was finally delivered and I bought a plan just for me to discover that the PM sim isn't compatible with my phone

Cyril0

I ordered 9 days ago.

I'll pass. Thanks anyways 

@Cyril0 

You just ordered a sim card? From pm? CCS takes 5 business days. I have some if you live in vancouver.

Cyril0

Not yet! Just ordered, didn't buy a plan 

@Cyril0 wrote:

**bleep** man I'm done ☹️

.. that mean you are part of us or not? 😆   If you are.. Welcome to PM

if you are not.. don't give up.. as I said Walmart might give you SIM for free!!!

@sirvaan 

that was what I got searching threads from before:

“you would need to have your new carrier reach out to us at porting@textnow.com for further assistance on porting your number out to them. “

Also, some people said there might be a fee to port out from TextNow

Lastly, I don't think PM can help with your port from TextNow into ATT  😅

Cyril0

**bleep** man I'm done ☹️

@Cyril0 wrote:

Public mobile is **bleep**ed up

I know, right?  You still have time not to join.  As for us who are already customers, we're **bleep**ed 😂

@Cyril0 wrote:

Data in PM is throttled.. i guess same for mail delivery  🤣

Cyril0

@Cyril0 wrote:

I ordered a sim card 9 days ago and I'm yet to receive it

Hi @Cyril0 it takes 3-4 weeks for delivery.  

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

@Cyril0  Unfortunately, SIM from PM can take as many as 3 weeks.

If you need it urgently, check local kiosk like Warlmart/Londons Drug/Loblaws.  They might be able to give it to you for free if you activate with them

Cyril0

I ordered a sim card 9 days ago and I'm yet to receive it

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mistyjo1935 : I'm not sure why you're asking here. This is Public Mobile. Not TextNow or AT&T. AT&T should be the ones to ask. My guess would be that you probably have a Canadian number on TextNow and that you likely can't transfer that to a US carrier.

@Mistyjo1935   I missed the ATT in your post.   Can you clarify if you're wanting to port your TextNow number to ATT or is that a typo?

@Mistyjo1935 wrote:

My name is William. I'm trying to transfer my textnow number to att for a week. It asking for a pin which I put the one I used when I created my account but it wasn't correct so I used 1234 as I seen someone recommended online. The number I'm trying to port to att is. If anyone could please help me I'd be forever grateful. I've done payed for my device on att but they won't ship it until the porting process is done. if some could help me out. 

Hi @Mistyjo1935 

From what I've heard, it could be a nightmare porting out of textnow.  As I don't use textnow, I have no first hand experience on this.

Best of luck

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mistyjo1935 : I'm not sure why you're asking here. This is Public Mobile. Not TextNow or AT&T. AT&T should be the ones to ask. My guess would be that you probably have a Canadian number on TextNow and that you likely can't transfer that to a US carrier.

@Mistyjo1935   I'm not sure what the procedure is for transferring the TextNow number but you should perhaps submit a ticket to moderators via chatbot and follow prompts here (type in Port Request):   https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option if unable to submit a ticket is to private message Moderator_Team at this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Mistyjo1935

Thanks for that info. I just went and edited it. I appreciate it. 

@Mistyjo1935    You need to remove your personal info from your post immediately by clicking on the 3 dots top right and selecting edit/delete as this is an open public forum.

I'll also tag @Dunkman and hope he can remove the personal info from your post.

Mistyjo1935

My name is William. I'm trying to transfer my textnow number to att for a week. It asking for a pin which I put the one I used when I created my account but it wasn't correct so I used 1234 as I seen someone recommended online. The number I'm trying to port to att is. If anyone could please help me I'd be forever grateful. I've done payed for my device on att but they won't ship it until the porting process is done. if some could help me out. 

Need Help? Let's chat.