cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed Up Nov.3 and Requested Port - Still Not Complete

hda413
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up on Nov. 3rd.  Like many others I had problems porting my number from Speakout. 

I sent messages to mods.  A week later got a response and sent my port info in.  Days later I was told a ticket was submitted and it would take 24 to 72 hours to complete.  I sent a few messages asking for a status update with no response.

2 weeks later I get no response until the weekend from another mod asking "Is your service now functioning?".  Makes me wonder if my messages were read at all because I asked for a status update on my port.  I responded to say my port was not complete.

I know many people are having issues from this promo with many people complaining about days or weeks without resolution to their problems.  I signed up more than 3 weeks ago and my port issue is not yet resolved.

If the system is queue based at all, it's frustrating to see others getting their issues resolved before mine.

21 REPLIES 21

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm so happy your now part of the PM family 🙂

hda413

@Shazia_K @Rockdaddy22

Thanks for all the help. My port went through later in the evening.

The wait times to get this resolved was not ideal but I'm glad it's now done. For my case it seemed there were lots of steps to push it through but I could only progress it once a week.  Hopefully this can help to improve the process for higher volumes.

Rockdaddy22
Yes, I believe that's correct.

hda413

Speakout. I read from others that account number is just the phone number for them.

Rockdaddy22
Is the provider chatr?

Rockdaddy22
If you sent the info it should be all good, hold tight. I'm truly sorry you've had to wait this long, but Shaz is on it now 🙂

hda413

Sent @Shazia_K the info she asked for.  I'm fairly certain that PIN was correct now double checking but it doesn't matter. I had a feeling this was the issue.

Just hoping this will be over soon.

Rockdaddy22
Please send Shaz a PM immediately and
ICLUDE
Account number of old carrier
Sim number
Phone number you want to port

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @hda413

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

The port was requested on the 25th and your previous provider rejected the request due to wrong pin number provided, can you give them a call and ask for the account number? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K could you please help our friend out

hda413

Another day and no updates.  I noticed that my last PM I sent after the last reply from a mod was Nov 25, so if my reply put me back on the queue then I might expect a reply next week. 

For those of you who think that tickets remain open and there is follow up, I highly doubt it. At least in my case, my guess is my port was sent off to another department and was considered closed.

Mods, please help @Shazia_K, @Mary_M

hda413

Not optimistic, I'm here everyday for the last month trying to this solved.

Rockdaddy22
I recommend coming back in the morning, hopefully we can get it solved then.

hda413

@Rockdaddy22 This is one of my threads.  I've sent PMs tagged mods here and other threads.  Some progress has been made but now I'm in a partial port.  Haven't had an update in more than a week but my problems started almost a month ago.

hda413

Bumping this thread some more.  From all the issues from others, I don't see anyone else with a porting issue longer than mine which is approaching a month.

It has been suggested before that going through a queue makes sense but it should not take a week+ between replies for the same case.

hda413

It's been another week. My number was partially ported.  I can send and receive texts within the Telus Network and make outgoing calls.  Incoming texts and calls do not work outside the network. 

I'm getting no response on my other thread and private messages so I'm bumping this thread.

It's been about a month since I signed up and requested porting. @Shazia_K @Mary_M Please help.

@hda413 definitely make sure the speakout account doesn't get cancelled (sucks you have to waste some money), or else the port may not complete. Your situation is definitely one of the extreme cases. One thing that PM will be doing is resetting your 90 days once your service is up and running. Maybe that's one positive out of this whole negative experience... you'll still get your full 90 days.

Hey @Shazia_K (or whoever of the moderators might see this), I realize you have your own queue / list of people to respond to, but could we help this customer? It's been 19 days since they attempted porting, and will have to top-up their old account if port doesn't complete asap. Thanks, you gals/guys rock! Robot wink

selvia_foeng

I have the same problem but yours is worse,

It has been a week since @Shazia_K said that the porting process has been submitted..

I dont know what to do actually..

It is already beyond my patience limit..

I keep paying 2 lines now...

hda413

Speakout is still active but I'm out of credit.  I'd rather not top up when I would hope my port is "almost" complete.

renof

Is speakout still active and working?

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@hda413  That long is unacceptable.  Hpefully one of the mods are online now @Shazia_K and can help out.

Others have tried messaging via facebook and twitter to get help.  SOme have had success.

Also make sure in your private message you include all the relvant info.

Need Help? Let's chat.