cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why public mobile?

not_happy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear public mobile.

I have been without service for 6 weeks. I have sent three requests to have my sim card replaced.  The first never came. The second was the wrong size. The third that arrived today is also the wrong size. 

As a long time costumer, I am starting to feel as though my loyalty is with out reward. You offer zero customer service, and repeatedly make errors for absolutely unsubstantiated reasons. How can you make the same mistake twice? Do you have any interest in customer retention ?  How will you make this right or should I consider going with a different provider?

9 REPLIES 9

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^You are probably right.

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm not still comfortable with the way "not-happy" (like name sounds) reported this problem, I'm not saying that he/she's the source of the problem, but if I were to order SIM myself I"ll stand up from the first call and convince rep that I need NANO or MICRO or STANDARD SIM, I'll make him repeat the needed size before I hang up with him, I still feel something fis....that's my thought!

BetaKam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@not_happy I am sorry you are having a bad experince with Public Mobile.  I think you will find that if you ask the community they would be more than happy to help you.  

I think what most of us would first like to know is which phone you have and what sim card you think you need?  stardard sim, micro sim, nano sim. 

If you have selected the correct SIM size I see it ridiculus that PM would send you the wrong size. 

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@not_happy Sorry to hear you received wrong size SIM card.

Can you click on contact us and send us a web form with the size of SIM card you need and your address we will make sure you receive the right size SIM card.

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@not_happy 

"As a long time costumer"

Certainely you called *611 PM care rep and U explained U needed new SIM many times, did U specified the right SIM size U needed during the call, if so rep that took your order was wrong, but if U didn't inform him about model of the phone U're using that's another story.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@not_happy, The so called Beta PM has a lot issues but come on you wasted 6+ weeks already for nothing. Cut the Sim Card to the size you need, its very easy to cut with just scissors( if you think you will make a mistake google.ca search produces hundreds of videos to show you how, if the Sim is to small then just purchase adapter at your local cell phone repair shop etc. Even more if your Sim is the smaller size and your phone's Sim slot is on the outside of the phone then just sit it in the proper place and it will work. However do not do this if your phone Sim slot is embedded inside the phone.

Martin
Legend
Legend
not_happy,

Considering that your post was addressed to Public Mobile, I'm confident that, perhaps tomorrow, if not sooner, a PM employee will personally communicate with you.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@not_happy, About the SIM card size, you just have to purchase adapters or have your card cutted.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @not_happy 

The community is customer based, if you want to contact Public Mobile directly you can do so from the Contact Us page by clicking on the "Email Away" button in the lower right hand side. 

If you're a long time customer you still have access to calling customer service for support by calling 1-855-4PUBLIC. 

If you're looking for a quick solution, if your SIM card is too small you could purchase a SIM card adapter from a third party store, or alternatively if your SIM cards are too big you could attempt to cut it down to size but that can result in issues with service.

Need Help? Let's chat.