cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number in from fongo

Meriammm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I signed up of PM on March 4th and asked to port my number in from fongo. I received a text from fongo saying they received a port request and to message them if I did not initiate it. I waited a full two weeks before calling their port in service back to see why the process still hadn't completed because I read online that it could take two weeks and I didn't want to be pushy. It was a quick 5 minute call, with the agent telling me that they just had to switch my provider from fido to fongo and that once it would be complete in two more business days. We did that, the program said it was pending. I call back a week later to see what the problem is because I still cannot receive calls or texts. This time the agent said that my name was entered incorrectly, two more business days and it would be fixed. Still no change, I call again 4 days later and this time both my name and address are wrong. We fix it, the agent says its pending and it will again be two business days. That was march 28th. I call again on April 3rd, having been charged again because it has been an entire month, and this time they tell me there is another port request from a different provider and I have to contact fongo and find out who it is. It's them! They are the only service provider I have been in contact with! They refuse to believe me!

This is absolutely insane. It has been a month. Does anyone have any ideas or should I just do a chargeback and forget about public mobile?

15 REPLIES 15

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Meriammm - I am, even gonna show you my screen:

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.28.31 AM.png

HI @Meriammm 

we are all real persons.  So real that we are just customers trying to help and try to share our experience, don't get upset at us

Meriammm

Are you a bot or a real person? That is also not relevant to my question. It has been ONE MONTH and multiple calls with the port in service. This person is posting after 4 hours. Read my entire post prior to replying again please.

HI @Meriammm 

this is more an issue on the fongo side.  did you try to email them and ask?

My friend just ported from Fongo mobile, no problem he had.  Just 4 days or so and all done

but he did message Fongo and asked, but in the end, there was really nothing much he needed Fongo to do.

Meriammm

Did you read my post where I say I have been in contact with them, through that phone number, for an entire month? And as of yesterday I have been mailing the CS_Agent and they continue to tell me the same thing? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Meriammm , porting is "pull" process where the heavy lifting is done at the receiving end.  The only thing to do on the sending end is to acknowledge the port as legit.  Use the phone number in the link below to contact the porting team.  They will help to sort things out.

https://community.koodomobile.com/tips-tricks-troubleshooting-232914/phone-number-transfer-error-781...

Meriammm

I of course have done all of this. If you'll read until the very end you will see that they are continually making different excuses for why the port is not working, and their latest excuse is that there is a port request from a different provider that is blocking theirs from going through. Obviously, it is their own request but they do not believe me and they want ME to contact fongo

@Meriammm   Yes there is that number specifically for certain porting numbers.  It's for both Koodo and Public Mobile.  It's not typically posted in the forum so I didn't see that you might have been given it. It might be worthwhile contacting Public Mobile specific customer service using the chat/message icon bottom right of this page, and if that doesn't work send them a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Still not sure how Fido comes into it though.  Edit, I see you have now explained that.

Meriammm

Public mobile does indeed have a number to call specifically for porting numbers. Their number is 1-888-232-7678. I can assure you that is not the issue. 

Meriammm

There was no transferring from fido to fongo. They had just incorrectly inputted the previous carrier information.

Meriammm

Public mobile does indeed have a number to call specifically for porting numbers. Their number is 1-888-232-7678. I can assure you that is not the issue. 

Meriammm

It was the public mobile port in of course.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Meriammm   I'm a bit confused, who were you calling, because Public Mobile doesn't have phone support, and what does transferring from Fido to Fongo have to do with transferring from Fongo to Public Mobile?  

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Meriammm - Who were you contacting, Fongo or a PM agent? Fongo cannot change port details that is in the system for PM port.

Please call the porting team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage  

Need Help? Let's chat.