cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

Jill8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@members Was with Bell did the number transfer hours ago my iPhone still isn’t working can’t send iMessages or get calls does it really take five hours to have it all working ? 

8 REPLIES 8

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jill8 , imessage is a data driven messaging system that does not really require a phone number.  It is traditional SMS that must be linked to a phone number.  If you are linking a phone number to imessage, take a look at this troubleshooting thread from apple.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/108758

@Jill8   If you can make calls but not receive them it could be a porting issue.  Best to contact customer service, either submit a ticket via the chat icon bottom right or, if that doesn't work, send support a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Jill8

Thanks I’ll give that a try 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jill8 - Is it asking you to remove a number or something? Maybe try turning off iMessage and turning it back on to re-activate.

phone-number-registered-to-apple-id-but-not-this-device-v0-qxtasa6ikq6c1.jpg

Jill8

Yes I re booted my phone three times so far.  Wonder if I can try removing sim and trying again not techie lol wonder if that would help 

Jill8

Yes I did all that and my bell account is no longer active I have my PM sim in now 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jill8 - Does your bell SIM card work anymore?

For iMessage, remove it if it has a 30 day counter before it removes and reboot and it will ask to add it back to iMessage - the same number.

Also Virgin (Bell) ported my number within an hour of responding.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Jill8   It can take that long but not usually.  Did you leave your Bell sim in the phone to answer YES to their text asking for permission to release your number to Public Mobile?   Is your Bell sim still working?  If not have you put the PM sim in the phone and rebooted?

Need Help? Let's chat.