cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

tayeb2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used my phone couple of time in different countries like Philippines,Morocco,Europe as long as I had enough fund.

Unfortunately my recent visit to Morocco ,my phone didn't work which was very inconvenient 

I couldn't  logging to different accounts that are connected to my phone number.

I hope that this issue will be resolved and will be able to use my phone in different countries.

Thank you 

15 REPLIES 15

@rhguevara   No, you cannot.  There is no roaming service other than US

Before your trip, arrange other mean to receive 2FA like email (not safe) or Authenticator app (BEST if available)

rhguevara

Can you receive text in the Philippines? Most of security OTP is tied on my phone with Public Mobile.

Moved:

removed incorrect and repetitive information

(There has never been roaming at Public Mobile witth the exception of the United States,)

@tayeb2020 wrote:

in the past it works , this change is recently 

The previous version of Public Mobile (before Telus bought them) didn't offer international roaming.  Also, international roaming (other than U.S.) has never been offered by the Telus-owned version of Public Mobile.  Public Mobile only began offering U.S. roaming back in 2016.  There have been no recent changes to that.

@tayeb2020 wrote:

I believe public mobile stopped the roaming for other countries except the US.

When Public Mobile started offering U.S. roaming, they didn't have any roaming whateversoever before that, so that it's not a matter of them leaving U.S. roaming intact.

@tayeb2020 wrote:

Really ? I've had an account with PM since 2017 and don't recall ever having roaming to anywhere other than the 10 Day US Roaming options.

There's add-ons to call international numbers but that call needs to originate in Canada.

tayeb2020

tayeb2020

the issue is when my number is connected to other accounts example banking,then I couldn't do much.

Public M shouldn't been taking away  the roaming option from other countries, I agree it comes with a cost but the choice is mine unfortunately now we don't have that option.

now roaming only available in the USA.

@tayeb2020 wrote:

That's right, but I don't know if PM ever did have service options for countries other than US and Canada. Don't think Telus would ever allow PM to cut into that action.  😎

tayeb2020

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tayeb2020 wrote:

I used my phone couple of time in different countries like Philippines,Morocco,Europe as long as I had enough fund.

Unfortunately my recent visit to Morocco ,my phone didn't work which was very inconvenient 

I couldn't  logging to different accounts that are connected to my phone number.

I hope that this issue will be resolved and will be able to use my phone in different countries.

Thank you 

@tayeb2020 

You have gone to quite a lot of places there...have you been continuing to pay for your Public Mobile account?

What do you mean, exactly, that you used your phone in these different countries...how did you use your phone...you mean with a travel SIM card, not the Public Mobile one, right?

Are you able to log into your Self Serve account? If not, has it possibility been suspended for more than 90 days?

After 90 days of suspended/non-payment status, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

1-Lose access to your phone number (and Self Serve account), any rewards or Available Funds balance that was in your account at time of suspension, and won’t be able to transfer the phone number to a new provider in the future.

2-Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

@tayeb2020 

Unfortunately pm does not offer international roaming. There are some workarounds to this issue with the use of a local or global sim card which offer much cheaper mobile rates than Canadian providers. The average roaming per day rate over and above your plan cost (to access your plan services) at other providers on post paid plans is $14 per day capped at $180 per billing month.

The convenience of having access to international roaming comes at a cost so consider your options carefully before changing providers for your next international trip. Or come to the community beforehand and we can advise you of your options. But generally we advise that you download fongo and call forward your pm number while in Canada to your fongo number that you can use while on wifi or mobile data with a local or global sim card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tayeb2020 

for public mobile only for USA Roaming 10 day packages.

you can use a app Textme or Talkatone, and you will getting new canadian number for Free from app,

and keep your device in canada and do Call Forwarding,

Call Forwarding (publicmobile.ca)

Talkatone.

Text Me.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tayeb2020   I doubt PM will be expanding its roaming option.  If you travel a lot and roaming is required, you with want to check with Koodo or Telus for plans that suit your needs

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tayeb2020 

Unfortunately, Public mobile does not offer international roaming services, except for the USA. With USA, PM customers need to purchase 10 day roaming packages.  

If international roaming is essential for you, you may need to choose another mobile company.  

Need Help? Let's chat.