cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving incoming calls and texts

Walhalla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just activated my new publc mobile sim card with porting my old cell phone number, I can send texts but can not receive texts or phone calls

10 REPLIES 10

@Walhalla

There is no online form.  You will need to contact moderator with the relevant information as described in previous post.  It will take about 2-3 days to resolve.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Walhalla

I got a text message saying 

"Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks."

But I can not find sim and activation online form

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Walhalla wrote:

From PC mobile pay as you go

Number porting is 2 steps process.  PM had done it work to get your PC Mobile number.  Now, it is up to PC Mobile to release your number to PM.

If your PC mobile SIM card is still working, continue to use it until it stops working which indicates that your PC Mobile number is ported to PM.  Then, start using your PM SIM and enjoy the saving.

@Walhalla Please wait 4 hours to see if your port-in completes. No joy, then click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages.

Wecome to Public Mobile.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Walhalla

From PC mobile pay as you go

From which carrier @Walhalla?

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Depending on where you're coming from, it can take a while for the port to complete. 

Koodo/Telus postpaid -- usually less than 30 minutes, sometimes much less

Another mobile operator - - 2 to 4 hours, on average

Landline or VOIP - - up to a week

Koodo prepaid numbers cannot be ported via PM self-serve. You'll have to contact the Mod Team. 

In the meantime, continue using your old SIM until it stops working. 

Walhalla

Its been about 2 hours, I can call anyone and text and people receive it

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Walhalla wrote:

I have just activated my new publc mobile sim card with porting my old cell phone number, I can send texts but can not receive texts or phone calls

How long has it been, and from which carrier? Assuming all provided information in the port request is correct, cell to cell ports can take up to a couple of hours. There have also been reports of some carriers blocking a port-out until they had a chance to try to keep the customer.

You can use your previous SIM until it stops working, which is a sign that your port is complete.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Walhalla

If you just ported give it some time...its not instant

Need Help? Let's chat.