cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone number posting did not work

Last week I switched from Koodo mobile to Public mobile. Koodo said my account with them will be deactivated once I switch my number over, which is what I did, and I just verified, and my account with Koodo is dead. But, my phone does not work. I tried again on Public mobile to transfer my phone number, and even to choose a new number, but neither one of these works.

What am I doing wrong?

Oracle

Re: My phone number posting did not work

@Franny, something must have glitched in the number transfer.  Unfortunately customers cannot resubmit number transfers.  That has to be done via support from the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team.  Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions.  Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

nks, I will contact the Moderators.

Mayor / Maire

@Franny wrote:

Last week I switched from Koodo mobile to Public mobile. Koodo said my account with them will be deactivated once I switch my number over, which is what I did, and I just verified, and my account with Koodo is dead. But, my phone does not work. I tried again on Public mobile to transfer my phone number, and even to choose a new number, but neither one of these works.

What am I doing wrong?

@Franny  Do not try to pick a new number as that will only make things worse. If your Koodo account was de-activated then it means that Koodo released the number to Public.

Try powering down your phone and remove your sim for 15  minutes. Re-insert the sim restart your phone and test again. If it still doesn't work insert your Koodo sim card to make sure that doesn't work.

Contact the moderator to investigate.

psf.JPGSubmit a Ticket

Hello @Franny!

Thanks you for your message. I would like to assist you with your current situation. In order to be able to open your account I will need the Pin Number for your Public Mobile account.

Regards,

Lucian PM Mod

i. Franny here.

My pin number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by computergeek541:  removed account information

Hello  Francine!

Thanks you for the quick authentication. I was able to check your PM account and it shows that the activation was successful. The porting from Koodo shows to be completed as well. The sim card it is active and have been inserted in your Samsung A5.

Can you please tell me what Sim card you have inserted in your phone currently? 

What does the display shows when you insert the sim card?

Regards,

Lucian PM Mod

@Franny wrote:

i. Franny here.

My pin number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by computergeek541:  removed account information

@Franny

Please never post such information in these message forums.  This information should only be given in private message to Moderator_Team.

Thanks!

I didn't realize I was also being contacted by email about this issue.

Franny

Highlighted
Oracle

@Franny Even if it is a moderator requesting personal, or account specific, information DO NOT provide it here. This is a public not a private forum.

@Lucian_G Back to training school for you! Robot Mad

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.