cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Call Forward use outgoing minutes on $15 plan

Bourne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Seen this question asked and answered with many different opinions. Just want to clarify.

6 REPLIES 6

@darlicious 

On the $15 Canada-wide Limited-outgoing Unlimited-incoming plan

Maybe I'd get different results with different locations, different calls in the same locations, different times, different phases of the moon, whatever.

I think it's prudent to simply assume the minutes will be billed and plan accordingly. Maybe it means you "waste" $5 buying an add-on you won't immediately use, a small cost to remove all uncertainty.

@Korth 

On the $15 plan? I was testing call forwarding today on the province-wide plan using conditional call forwarding which charged no minutes off the outgoing minutes. The calls were all in  province.

@Bourne @Spudster 

I'm guessing the reason so many people have answered this question both ways is that there isn't a flat rule across the Canada-wide network. Maybe it varies from province to province, or it varies between local calling areas, or it varies when the calls are serviced through non-Telus hardware.

When I was interested in determining the answer for my own usage I ended up just testing it. I called my own (forwarded) number from another phone, once to voicemail and once to incoming "talk" - I made sure each call lasted over a minute - then I waited a few minutes and checked the Self-Serve usage. For me the call forwarding did use up some limited minutes.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bourne wrote:

Seen this question asked and answered with many different opinions. Just want to clarify.

@Bourne 

Your best bet is to experiment with a short call to see if your minute counter changes before/after.

There are A LOT of contradictory entries on the Community regarding this, from Mayors, to Oracles, to Retired Oracles, to PM Staff.

See this Get Help article on what apparently counts as minutes or not:

Spoiler
it shows that call-forwarding uses minutes...

Limited Talk & Text Plans (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bourne : YMMV. Try it. Log in to your self-serve. Take note of the minutes counter. Set the forwarding for one of the conditionals. Call the number. Let if forward. Stay connected for a few seconds. Hang up. Refresh the overview page of the self-serve. Did the counter increment?

Then try the global forwarding. Officially that one should. But YMMV.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bourne wrote:

@Bourne  - I would say it is safe to say minutes are NOT consumed on Call Forward.

Good thread here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Call-forwarding/m-p/557200#M45783

Need Help? Let's chat.