cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm on the $15 plan with 100 out going minutes only. I have a chance to use a friend's phone for a couple months with unlimited calling. Can I forward my phone number to that phone and would it cost me minutes on my outgoing minutes or not?

21 REPLIES 21

@hyT wrote:

@carlaspapa 

I am puzzled by this. Your $15 PM plan has unlimited incoming minutes. So you really don't need to forward your number. You can use your friend's phone just for free outgoing calls. May be you just don't want to have to carry two phones?

If I was using a $15 plan, I'd probably use Hangouts to make all of my outgoing calls. I know that the plan only includes 250MB, but if you use it for nothing else but phone calls through Hangouts, I might be able to make it last for 30 days.The 1GB add-on could be used in combination when necessary.  I know that Fongo was mentioned, but I believe that Hangouts is alreayd pre-installed on many more devices.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@hyT is right, I was thinking the same, you want to forward your other numbers to it as it is unlimited. 

Check if your phone has two sims.

Side note, prove have already noticed that most of 1800 numbers are also not counted (they should be though)

Going over 100 minutes is just 1c/minute, only free can beat that, it's really affordable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hyT wrote:

@carlaspapa 

I am puzzled by this. Your $15 PM plan has unlimited incoming minutes. So you really don't need to forward your number. You can use your friend's phone just for free outgoing calls. May be you just don't want to have to carry two phones?

I love it when someone comes along with a whole new perspective and says well..um..why not just do this?

The question asked was answered but we all went that direction due to the question asked.

Of course! Just use the friends phone for outgoing.

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@carlaspapa 

Once your friend needs the phone back you should consider installing fongo.

Your can call yourself with it, then transfer the call to your destination. At that moment fongo disconnects and the conversation is only between your cell and the number you wanted to call (you can walk out of WiFi area or off your data)

I just transferred a call like that and fongo used about 0.07 megs of my data

Screenshot_20200616-202716~2.png

Screenshot_20200616-202815~2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm wrote:

@Nezgar @Anonymous 

Why in the world doesnt PM change what their info page says. Tough for us trying to help others when the information we are using is incorrect lol. 

I assume Nezgar comment on that page then must be "change what your info is on your website its misleading!"

Well...we can't be certain whether it's a bug or a feature. And then as we know...things get changed at a snails pace around here. So better just to let sleeping dogs lie as the saying goes.

carlaspapa

Okay thanks everybody for your help I think I've got it now. I might have to come back and ask for help when I do the call forwarding if I get confused.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@carlaspapa 

Officially yes

But System had many glitches

Mine are not counted for some reason

If you use it it's better not to abuse it and overuse it, it will give Publicmobile incentive to fix the glitch.

I mean if you don't receive too many calls it's not a big deal.

You are better off using fongo with call transfer, it's almost as good as callback.

@Nezgar @Anonymous 

Why in the world doesnt PM change what their info page says. Tough for us trying to help others when the information we are using is incorrect lol. 

I assume Nezgar comment on that page then must be "change what your info is on your website its misleading!"

@Naepalm wrote:

@Anonymous well shows no alternate solution for call forwarding so I guess it does use minutes did @Nezgar have a work around for this?

Well, if you still have any doubt about my claims, you can still forward all your calls "completely officially" without consuming minutes by programming all 3 of the conditional forwards to your new number. If your PM SIM is removed, and not online - calls will immediately forward just like unconditional call forwarding instead of the usual behaviour of it going to your voicemail.

Set it with this code:

*004*10digitnumber#

Afterwards, reset all three back to your original voicemail conditional forwarding behaviour by dialing: ##004#

Anonymous
Not applicable

No workaround.

The $10 plan consumes minutes for global forwarding. Not for conditionals.

The $15 plan doesn't consume minutes for any forwarding.

Nezgar is the more recent, more active, super helpful poster to be up on this. These topics have long since been hashed out.

@Nezgar thanks for the clarity! 😀 

@Anonymous well shows no alternatr solution for call forwarding so I guess it does use minutes did @Nezgar have a work around for this?

Screenshot_20200616_184718.jpg

@Anonymous wrote:

What officially uses minutes

Yeesh, the official page states "forwarding calls will use plan minutes." - which was true for unconditional call forwarding under the old $10 and $15 plans, but definitely not the case for the current $15 plan... I just submitted a feedback comment on that page.

And further detail - "conditional" call forwards never consumed minutes under the old $10 & $15 plans either. (Otherwise your minutes would be consumed by people reaching your voicemail)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carlaspapa yeah that makes a lot of sense. From anything I have read in the community the responses havd been yes it uses minutes. You can set it up and try as @darlicious mentioned it not counting against your minutes. 

@carlaspapa 

To the best of my knowledge it doesn't use your outgoing minutes but as @Anonymous has stated that's unofficial. So it could change and start charging against your outgoing minutes. But @Nezgar  is the expert in this area and can probably direct you with the link to call forwarding in the help pages faster than I can!

carlaspapa

Hi naepalm, if I have to use my add-on which I have to call forward then there is no point in call forwarding and using my friend's phone. I just thought I could save my add-on if I can use that phone and not use my minutes on my plan does that make sense?

carlaspapa

Okay that's confusing so does that mean it could but at the moment it doesn't?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@carlaspapa 

Call forwarding will count toward your outbound minutes, unfortunately. 

Not sure how many calls you think will be forwarded, you could do a 500min add on. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carlaspapa wrote:

I'm on the $15 plan with 100 out going minutes only. I have a chance to use a friend's phone for a couple months with unlimited calling. Can I forward my phone number to that phone and would it cost me minutes on my outgoing minutes or not?

Officially yes. Unofficially...let's not have too long a conversation about it shall we 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.