cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoomer has done it again. PM time to get into the game

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Looks like zoomer has done it again according to a RFD thread and includes a free LG G4 With 2 yr plan.

$36 Promo Plan Details:
400 Canada-Wide Minutes
2GB of LTE Data
UNLIMITED Text, Picture and Video Messages (Canada & International)
Unlimited Evenings and Weekends 6PM-7AM
UNLIMITED Zoomer-to-Zoomer calling Canada-Wide
Voicemail, Call Display, Name Display, Call Waiting & Conference Calling

There is a $50 referral fee available

RFD thread here

PM with your low cost structure you should be able to at least  get into the ball park.  Your current closest offering in $65 (30day: provincial global text and 2gb LTE, 90 provincial global text and 6gb LTE @150/90 or $50/30) and that doesnt even include the referral offer or thr phone)

14 REPLIES 14

Wafik
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree with @will13am.  This offer doesn't really compare to the 2016 fall promo, unless you do a lot of calling to other provinces.

Zoomer looks like a great option for exactly the people it is targeted towards, older people and retiriees.  The main reason I use my phone, personally, is data, and they offer nothing close to the 4GB a month I currently get.  I would have to pay $85 a month to get 5GB a month with them to have something similar.

If Public Mobile was hurting for customers or wanted to increase their subscriber base, then they would offer a more competitve plan.  The 2016 fall promo was and still is so popular they are probably riding high off that base and can afford slower acquisition of customers from that base.

Bella
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't understand anyone with the Public 12GB for 90 days would even consider Zoomer Wirless.  The service with Telus is so much better than Rogers, I know I was with Rogers for over 15 years.   Having customer service with Zoomer, who really cares.  I have been with Public Mobile since November 2017 and I have had no reason to need to call or email anyone regarding my plan.  With Rogers I had to call and negiotate all the time but happily that's a thing of the past thanks to Public Mobile.  Just my thoughts.

agreed with @will13am

@NDesai wrote:

Guys, posting promos from other carrier won't do anything. They know the "competitive" pricing and they will make us all happy if Telus decides to. 

There is a clear reason you are not leaving PM. I guess mainly because of Rewards. It brings your cost down a lot and there is an opportunity to bring it down to 0 with referral rewards. We don't even consider these rewards as a value to PM when comparing promos without rewards from other carrier. 

The clear reasons why I am not going anywhere are 2016 fall promo and referral credits.  That said, I won't refer anyone to the current plans, only 2016 fall promo or freedom variant.  If anyone wanted a plan right now I would be pointing them to zoomer.  

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PassePartouT wrote:

This is rather misleading. You're essentially signing up for a 2 year contract for them to pay off a $250 dollar phone. You could try and sell that phone for that much to cover an early exit but it's unlikely you'll get more than $200 given the age and issues it has.

Uh, no.

You are signing up for 2GB LTE, Cda wide minutes plus evenings/weekends. In 6 months you get unlimited Cda wide. PM cannot do that currently. The phone is just a very nice bonus. If PM were to offer this, people here would be quite pleased.

But as others have stated, my 'current' deal with PM is better than this Zoomer plan

Yes, the 90 days do offer "more data". Just greater flexibility. But the 90 day plans also feel a bit like a contract too. Seeing as how you're pre paying for 90 days

CalvinW
A lot more, PM's current plans are far from competitive

PassePartouT

public mobile's 90 day plan, canada-wide talk, global text, and lowest data is cheaper and has more data; what more do you want?

PassePartouT

This is rather misleading. You're essentially signing up for a 2 year contract for them to pay off a $250 dollar phone. You could try and sell that phone for that much to cover an early exit but it's unlikely you'll get more than $200 given the age and issues it has.

mimmo

@NDesai you are absolutely right I won't be leaving PM because of my referrals, but my referrals might depending on the plan they are on. 

At the old pricing (pre 3g change) i had no problems $40/month 2gb -$2 autopay - a couple referrals and loyalty... made for some good value. ( None of the people i referred are in the forums.)  Before i joined PM   I was actually considering zoomer.  and i calculated :

zoomer =36 line 1 and 36 line 2 while  

PM line 1 =$40 -$2 (autopay) .50(average loyalty over 2 years) -(referal)= 36.5/month

PM line 2 =$40 -$2 (autopay) .50(average loyalty over 2 year) = 37.5/month 

I decided PM would be a better choice because  of the possible rewards

Plus don't forget the zoomer offer gives you a $50 referral credit (ie 2 years of referrals to both parties immediately and a $240 phone which you could easily sell.

If i was on a $40/2gb PM plan with no referrals i could honestly say that i would seriously consider leaving PM.  not to mention the retention plan zoomer offers after 6 months 

How can I honestly refer any friends to PM when there are offers like this and the closest offer from pm is $12 more per month after auto pay and includes only provincial)

Sure if someone wants more than 2gb then zoomer isn't an option, not sure anymore if PM is either.  and judging from the activity in the forums lately either PM has fixed their backend issues (hopefully) or not many people are signing up.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Guys, posting promos from other carrier won't do anything. They know the "competitive" pricing and they will make us all happy if Telus decides to. 

There is a clear reason you are not leaving PM. I guess mainly because of Rewards. It brings your cost down a lot and there is an opportunity to bring it down to 0 with referral rewards. We don't even consider these rewards as a value to PM when comparing promos without rewards from other carrier. 

TheOldVR

Wow - that's really good....

Might be the answer for my parents as I can't wait forever for a decent PM plan.

mimmo
They are nation wide and use the Rogers network.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

It is really a good offer to be honest, I dont know if they are in the ottawa area or not, but It could be good alternative to Videotron whom I refered 3 of my friends last week

Need Help? Let's chat.