cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do i change to 4G instead of my 3G

TrishR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cant see on add on's how to change to 4G  there is no add on for this.

Where do i go to change this or is public mobile going to switch up soon

15 REPLIES 15

@Lsquared wrote:

Mine only says "12GB Data" which is really odd. I'm just going to assume its 4G until I'm able to run a speed test haha.

There's no need to run a speed test. You have the fastest LTE speed available, dependent on network conditions and the capabilties of your device.

Lsquared

Mine only says "12GB Data" which is really odd. I'm just going to assume its 4G until I'm able to run a speed test haha.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!

@TrishR 

If you do want check your data speed as per @t_p 's advice do so only on your 30th day of service if you have data to spare. If you have a lower data plan and you do have unthrottled 4G LTE data a speed test can use upwards of 400mb of data. This can be costly if you only have 1GB data in your plan and it is performed earlier in your 30 day cycle.

Edit: un

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You ll see something like this in my account plan details link

• This plan includes: -
  • - 7 GB at 3G speed

@Lsquared wrote:

I have a pretty old plan (12GB for $120 / 90 days) .. but how do I check if my data plan is 3G or 4G speed? It doesn't say when I view my plan details. Thanks 🙂

@Lsquared 

You can also do a speed test. Should  get around 100Mbps if 4G.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lsquared : The lack of the mention of 3G indicates it's a 4G plan. I know. Goofy. But it's legacy. So what're y'gonna do.

@Lsquared wrote:

I have a pretty old plan (12GB for $120 / 90 days) .. but how do I check if my data plan is 3G or 4G speed? It doesn't say when I view my plan details. Thanks 🙂

Log in to your account and you'll see Plan Detail...it'll show you that yours is 4G speed.

(The plan includes....)

@Lsquared @If you have a grandfathered plan then it most likely it should be 4G.  Log into your account under My data and add-ons it should list the speed 

Lsquared

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How old is your plan. Current plans do not have that. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

All current plans are 3G.  Some PM customers have grandfathered plans that are 4G.  Also there was a data only plan that was discontinued about a year ago that was 4G.

@TrishR 

You can't. Not for unthrottled 4G LTE data speeds. All current market plans are throttled 4G LTE to 3mbps or choose 3G in your settings on your phone for up to 20mbps depending on network traffic. Only grandfathered plans may have full 4G LTE data speeds. Or the odd plan can get a glitch and acquire temporary full 4G speeds.

Edit: Lol...thats what 3 minutes of typing out an explanation gets ya!😂😂😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TrishR : You can't.

TrishR

no I mean how do i change on public mobile and pay for 4G

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@TrishR wrote:

I cant see on add on's how to change to 4G  there is no add on for this.

Where do i go to change this or is public mobile going to switch up soon

@TrishR 

In your Settings if you have that option.
Or dial *#*#4636#*#* on your phone (not samsung)
select Phone Information then Set preferred network type to LTE or auto

Edit: ok, misunderstood question.

Need Help? Let's chat.