cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan rates

bcp47
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new to Public Mobile and was wondering how often the rates change?

The Canada-US plans are shown as limited time so is it likely the rate will increase in the near future, after the first subscription period?

How long is a typical subscription period and do the subscriptions automatically renew or do you have to log in to renew at the end of each subscription period?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

bcp47

OK thanks

I was pretty sure keeping your number was now standard.

As you explain, what Meow mention was an exceptional circumstance

hi @bcp47 you are correct, porting number is an option

So, if you want better deal that is for new activation only, you can port out your number to another carrier.   Wait couple days and then port the number back by setting up a new account 

@bcp47  Can you not keep your existing number, the last time I changed providers I was able to transfer my existing number

That's only a workaround for existing customers to get a plan offered for new activations only.  Yes when you change providers you can transfer your number.  

bcp47

Hi Meow

You mention get a new sim and number.

Can you not keep your existing number, the last time I changed providers I was able to transfer my existing number

Having to change numbers may be a deal breaker.

Thanks

Meow
Mayor / Maire

When you sign up for particular plan - it will NOT change. There are events when current plan you signed up change pricewise - it was few years ago when $10 plan increased to $13 but it is very, very rare.

As for any other plans for new and existing customers PM does provide offers on regular intervals (random 🙂 ) so if you have one plan and want something 'better' you just have to wait and see.
NEW customers are more pampered as they usually have offers for better deals than existing customers. For example cheapest plan $15 with unlimited calls/sms in/out is NOT available to existing customers while new one can get it. And the only way to get it is to cancel existing plan, lose referrals, phone number and potential accumulated points and create new account (get new SIM) and get new number.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@bcp47 wrote:

I am new to Public Mobile and was wondering how often the rates change?

The Canada-US plans are shown as limited time so is it likely the rate will increase in the near future, after the first subscription period?

How long is a typical subscription period and do the subscriptions automatically renew or do you have to log in to renew at the end of each subscription period?

Thanks

Hey @bcp47  Rate plans change all the time. There is always something different being offered every few weeks to a month. But, once you sign up for a plan, not saying you're locked into the play per say, but your rate plan won't really change. I've been here 5 years and it's never changed unless I change it. I know of members here who were on the $10 from 10 years ago and they are still on it. Best part, you can pick whatever plan you like... a few months from now, you want to upgrade, you can upgrade with no penalties or extra fees, as long as you have it scheduled to change on the renewal date. Downgrading, as long as the plan you wish to downgrade to is available to current members, that's not a problem either. Hope this helps.

EDIT: You have to use a real credit card to sign up. You can have it come off that credit card every month if you choose which is what most everyone does. Then it auto renews for you and you have the option to turn it off whenever you want.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@bcp47  The limited time  means it's on offer for an undisclosed period of time but once you have subscribed to the plan it will keep renewing every 30 days at the same rate until and unless you change to another plan.  If you want to auto-renew you leave the default as "subscribed" and it will just roll over each month paid by your credit/debit card on file.  If you don't want to auto-renew but use vouchers instead (once you have signed up) then toggle "subscribed" off to "unsubscribed" and then you will need to remember to pay each 30 days (or 90 days if the plan has that option).

Need Help? Let's chat.