cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what should I be seeing on the "Change number" screen?

cdalglish
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is the message I keep getting but Telus says there is no reason from their end. (I had my phone number in but took it out before the screen shot). Help me please! Thank you!

public.png

8 REPLIES 8

cdalglish

anyone? It's still not letting me do it!

cdalglish

Do you mean my community or username profile? I can change that but can't change my account email. There is no editing of the email in the profile. 

cdalglish

I activated the account last month and was waiting for my new phone before porting the number over. I have a public mobile phone number but want to use my old number. So, in essence, I've done the things that were in the post you provided.

I've tried FireFox and Google Chrome for browsers. Other suggestions?

swz5005
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey,

from the looks of it, you should try a different browser.

When you enter your number, you do not need to click on check availability. 

It should bring you up the addtional information that you need to enter (i.e old account number etc...)

It just looks like your broswer is not loading it correctly. 

Hope this  helps

@cdalglish wrote:

Yes, it says "

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance." and then when I click on submit, I get the remainder of the error. Same email.

Change your email to any other email you have from edit profile. This will avoid know porting issues with telus/Koodo. You can change it back after porting is done.

Don't bother with the "Submit" button on that page. If this is your initial activate please stop until you have read:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/The-Guide-to-Headache-Free-PM-Signup/m...

Let us know more about what phase you have reached in activating an account and  then transferring your number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cdalglish

Yes, it says "

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance." and then when I click on submit, I get the remainder of the error. Same email.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Are you getting that error when you click Check Eligibility button? Are you using different email on public mobile and Telus?

Need Help? Let's chat.