cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting since November 23rd for response...need this resolved before Christmas - it's a gift!

sjl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It appears that when I tried to set up an account for my daughter with PM, all went well (including inputting the SIM card number) until the very end of the registration process when we were bumped out. Over the next few days I noticed that my Visa was billed and then Bell disconnected her phone a few days later.  She has no account established with PM because every day I try, the computer says "SIM card invalid". Since she has no more service with Bell, I even tried putting in the PM SIM card into her phone but that did nothing.  My best guess is that a partial account was completed but went into the void.

Although we are paying for a service, we are getting nothing.  Also, I have not received any response on this issue, despite waiting patiently since November 23rd.  

I bought my daughter a new phone for Christmas (which because of the price is her only gift) but without service that gift is useless.  Can you tell I'm starting to panic?

I have already left messages for Jeremy and Shanzya and messaged the "get help" section.  I can't open an account for my daughter to email you, so I have been using my own account to reach you.

Please Santa PM, Please please help!  

26 REPLIES 26

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Beautiful:)

sjl

I don't understand how things work but I received an email from the help centre and they mysteriously fixed my daughter's phone issues behind the scene.  They also told me to reboot the phone, follow the unlock steps, and presto: the phone now works.  Then I was able to receive the texted "6 digit code" and all is great at this end - we are registered.  Happy Christmas!! 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@sjl

I sent you a reply to your PM, please reply back I need the correct address 😞

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

sjl

there is a solution in place - Shazia is sending me a new SIM card and says the account is working. She is terribly patient with me!  Many many thanks for all of the "team's" help!  I'll let you know if it arrives in time for Xmas (before we leave).  Fingers and toes crossed!

Wa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hellon shazia I just send you a PM can you please check that

Rockdaddy22
So is it solved, I'm kinda confused. Do you still need a sim? Or are you just happy the plans active?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

haha awwn ! @sjl!!! 🙂 

just a little issue here, can you give me another alternate address as we cannot ship to that p.o box, I want to be sure you receive it asap!

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

sjl

yes, that is the right SIM!!  Thank you SOOO much for taking care of this!  (sending a virtual hug!).  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@sjl 

Sim card ending by 9797 and phone number ******2*53 for Suzanne right? I assure you all is active and promo plan is active 😉 

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K can you confirm that please

sjl

sorry to bug but this is so new to me.  The account you are referring to/working - is it for Amelia number xxx-x23-xxxx (that's the one with the problems).  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@sjl

Send me your full name, complete mailing address and email by replying to my private message 🙂

sjl

how do I get a new SIM card mailed to me for free?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @sjl

The account is already created with the promo plan don't worry! you just need the SIM card, we will only change the SIM card in your account. 

sjl

thank you but we will be in Hearst by then.  And I need the SIM directly from PM to get the promotion plan.  😞

Rockdaddy22
I'm coming up there Christmas Eve, if you don't have a sim by then, contact me via private message.

sjl

sorry, Sudbury!

sjl

thank you so much, but I'm about 4 hours north of you.  And we are using her current phone - the new one is a santa gift (wrapped up).  

sjl

The telephone number in this account is working.  It's the telephone number in my daughter's account that doesn't work (her SIM card).  The account I can't set up.  And I don't want to leave her number on this public post.  Can you check your inbox from this afternoon under my account?  

Rockdaddy22
Or barrie ON

@sjl If you are near Mississauga private message me; I have a spare SIM.

What is make/model of her phone? Where did you buy it? Perhaps it is not unlocked.

IPhone checklist:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201420

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @sjl

I'm very sorry to hear about this, 

I see that everything is active on our end, the number has been transferred. 

Can you please test the SIM card in another unlocked phone? I think you got a defective sim there. 

Please let me know so I can ship you a new one. 

Thanks

Shazia

sjl

And I did leave multiple messages with the required information - I started doing that as of November 23rd.  

sjl

Thank you Shazia, but because the phone has no service from PM nor from Bell, the phone cannot receive a code via text to enable an account.  

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Couple of suggestions.

You could try this sequence of steps and see if that gets you back into your account:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HERE-IS-THE-FIX-EVERYONE-IS-WAITING-FOR/m-...

If not - send in a private message:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

@Shazia_K

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K could you please take a look at this case b
Need Help? Let's chat.