cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail notification

mohsenmok
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.

I recently switched to Public Mobile and I don't receive any voicemail notifications.

(I left myself a voicemail to test as well but i received nothing)

can someone please help?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

mynewhome
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I restarted my phone and now I see the message icon (reel to reel) in the taskbar on top of the phone screen when there is new message.

previous carrier send a text of new message which I prefer

Im using lg g5 android

mohsenmok
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i did setup my VM and it works if i press "1".. i can listen to the messages and everything but i don't receive notifications. and notification permission is alloweed on my phone as well.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@mohsenmok wrote:

Hello.

I recently switched to Public Mobile and I don't receive any voicemail notifications.

can someone please help?

Thank you.

When you left the voicemail, is it there for you listen to when you call in?  It might be the notification sound and icon that is turned off in your phone settings.

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@mohsenmok wrote:

Hello.

can someone please help?

Thank you.

@mohsenmok  I had a lot of problems with getting a notification here so I activated a free service called fusion voicemail+ by means of missed call forwarding used instead of the public voicemail system. Now not only do I get a notification by the app I also get a notification by e-mail. It also works if my phone is off/not connected to the network. Love having my voicemail in a seperate app. You can customize specific voicemails for different people and actually save your messages forever unlike public mobile that deletes them after X days. One of my contacts I have forward to a special voicemail mesage that says "Sorry the number you have dialed is not in service." lol. Using carrier voicemail is something I will never do again after I learned how much you can really do with it.

This sounds like a good option, but it's a lot of work when the stock plan should work fine without any add-ons.  I am wondering if the problem is with the phone calling app.  If the voice mail is storing properly on the Public Mobile end, the phone software needs to be able to take the handoff and not fumble the batton so to speak. 

Agreed. It should just work, I never even would have looked into it if I didn't have the problems. I am sure it has something to do with my almost experimental operating system (havocOS), it had quite a few bugs I had to get around but now that everything is working oh do I love it with the sheer volume of customization options.  

@RobertQc wrote:

@mohsenmok wrote:

Hello.

can someone please help?

Thank you.

@mohsenmok  I had a lot of problems with getting a notification here so I activated a free service called fusion voicemail+ by means of missed call forwarding used instead of the public voicemail system. Now not only do I get a notification by the app I also get a notification by e-mail. It also works if my phone is off/not connected to the network. Love having my voicemail in a seperate app. You can customize specific voicemails for different people and actually save your messages forever unlike public mobile that deletes them after X days. One of my contacts I have forward to a special voicemail mesage that says "Sorry the number you have dialed is not in service." lol. Using carrier voicemail is something I will never do again after I learned how much you can really do with it.

This sounds like a good option, but it's a lot of work when the stock plan should work fine without any add-ons.  I am wondering if the problem is with the phone calling app.  If the voice mail is storing properly on the Public Mobile end, the phone software needs to be able to take the handoff and not fumble the batton so to speak. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@mohsenmok wrote:

Hello.

can someone please help?

Thank you.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It sounds like you might not have set up your voicemail yet. Follow this link to read how to set up your voicemail:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So, when you checked your voicemail for your own message, there was no record of it? Or you do hear it and there's just no notice ony our phone? What kind of phone are you using? 

Are you porting a number in? Maybe it's a symptom of a partial port?

Just some thoughts. If you continue to have the issue, you may have to contact a moderator for assistance: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@mohsenmok wrote:

Hello.

can someone please help?

Thank you.

Did you set-up your voicemail with your phone first?

Need Help? Let's chat.