cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unregistered sim \ no network connection

Trevor55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

just spent the past five days trying to connect to Public Mobile. i've tried everything suggested to me through Community but nothing is working. i keep getting errors \ unregistered sim and no network connection.

what is the problem?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Trevor55 - did you go through the Activation process of the SIM card?

Is your My Account showing ACTIVE status?

What all troubleshooting have you tried?

What about trying the SIM card into another compatible phone as @Handy1 suggested?

Perhaps also try a reset network settings on your device,

and

Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Trevor55 

It sounds like a provisional issue with the SIM if you tried suggestions from your other post. Only a CS_Agent can help so create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message on the envelope icon.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Trevor55 

Have you not been in touch with customer support yet?

Edit:

I thought I replied yesterday but I guess I figured it had been made clear that your Sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. Only customer support can fix this for you. Once you submit a ticket keep an eye on your private message box at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. You should see a reply within the hour if not sooner.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Trevor55 @Did you try the sim in another phone to see if it works or take SIM card out and reseat it in tray and make sure it’s in all the way ? Otherwise it could be a provisioning issue in such a case you would need support help 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Has the phone previously worked on Public Mobile? Was the SIM previously registered successfully?
If it is an older phone, it could actually be locked to your previous carrier. You would need to reach out to the previous carrier to fix that.

Need Help? Let's chat.