cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unfair change to points system

fredwang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 6 dollars reward per month, now I only get 5% points (0.75points) . when my little son (12 years old) choose points( he think that is extra bonus), Public mobile give my account  lifetime 43 points . today I find this unfair change, we already lost 6$x8 months=48dollars, how to get back reasonable   reward !!!  thanks

Fred

31 REPLIES 31

fredwang

my little son maybe think that points are extra🤣

Hi @fredwang 

did you switch? don't do it!

old rewards system is better

fredwang

Switch from Old Public Mobile Rewards to Public Points. 

fredwang

i  just have 5% points

fredwang

thanks  !

@fredwang wrote:

1 point for every 30 days you’ve been with Public Mobile, i do not have this loyalty  perks

@fredwang  this is a one time bonus

you said you switched in Dec , 2022, you would have got it within 4 days after you switched.  

You can check your point history to confirm you got it

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/public-points

One-Time Rewards:

Ways to Earn How many points you’ll earn How to earn it When you’ll receive the points

Welcome Present5 pointsRegister for Public PointsUp to 4 days after joining Public Points
Loyalty Perks1 point for every 30 days you’ve been with Public MobileSwitch from Old Public Mobile Rewards to Public PointsUp to 4 days after joining Public Points

So it's called Anniversary Points now and you get 10 points at each annual.
Where did you see the 43 points you mentioned earlier? They call that Loyalty Perks at switch-over. You might even have got another 5 points for a welcome.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

@fredwang  So your on points system so then you will get 10 points each anniversary year . 1 point for each friend referral . And percentage of points for paying your bill . And once you have 15 points you can redeem for $15 and do it multiple times if $15 to make $45 off bill . do this in your my rewards portal 

Points rewards portal view catalog

Handy1_0-1691684761552.jpeg

Adding you can also earn points in the community too @fredwang  

By participating , reading and helping others with questions . And learning and sharing and good things will happen 

ranked chart here 

Handy1_0-1691684835836.png

fredwang

i think it is different 

You said in your other thread that you got 43 points up front. That's the switch-over "bonus" for your previous loyalty. Now you need to wait for your next annual to get the 10 points.

@fredwang  If your on old rewards then they get applied automatically on your bill . If in the new point system  you have to redeem 15 points for $15 off here’s example of old rewards here 

Handy1_0-1691684333141.png

fredwang

thanks

I do not have Loyalty Perks (1 point for every 30 days you’ve been with Public Mobile )  only have 5% reward. i use public mobile 5 years

@fredwang wrote:

he want more data to purchase through account, it is Dec 20th 2022, he did it , I do not  know public mobile has the points system . we know only money reward

@fredwang ,

Just in case no one has told you or if you haven’t read it… if you need more data again any Canadian data add-ons purchased now expire 30 days after purchasing!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@fredwang  Another good thing about points over $ rewards are . If you ever have more friend referrals then  what your  plan cost . Say you’re on the $15 plan and have 20 friend referrals. . That would cover cost of plan . On $ rewards it’s paid and used up .and you in a way lose $5 rewards but with points you would just use the 15 points and and continue to save the extra 5 points ($5)

@fredwang  Every once in awhile they have a iPhone to win and you can enter the draw with using  1 point to participate in hopefully winning a phone 

fredwang

what is  use 1 Point to enter the draw

hi @fredwang there is a slight upside to the new rewards. Use the points to redeem add-ons. It is around 33% cheaper to redeem than using cash to buy

and you can try your luck to use 1 Point to enter the draw. If ever you win a phone, it will be better than staying in the legacy system 

fredwang

what is  phone draws  ?

fredwang

he want more data to purchase through account, it is Dec 20th 2022, he did it , I do not  know public mobile has the points system . we know only money reward

HI @fredwang 

it is  a costly lesson.    But how your son has access to your PM account? You need to talk to him and e him and let him know he screwed up

fredwang

we learn lesson ! whatever, thanks

@fredwang  I agree with you 100% . But unfortunately it’s just the way it is . And all new activations today are on the points system also 

@fredwang wrote:

but should be fair and equal

@fredwang 

many businesses upgrade their rewards system and most of those new rewards systems are not as good as the old one.  Businesses usually just announced new rewaards system  push you over to the new one with no choice (like Starbucks, Tim Hortons, McDonlad's, etc).  One thing Public Mobile did different and better than those others was that they let you stay on the old one and only choose to move on to your new one yourself

Again, it was unfortunately your son chose to migrate to the new one.  PM has made it clear that there is no return once you migrated.  There was an extra prompt you need to accept and click YES before you migrated and your son accepted that.

fredwang

thanks 

fredwang

we use public mobile 5 years, to old customer , points system is not equal reward 

fredwang

but should be fair and equal

@fredwang   it is true with the new Public Points, you are earning less 😞  It is unfortunate your son changed it by mistake.  Some migrated and ask the same question, but it was confirmed thre is really no way to go bac kto the legacy system . 

fredwang

thank your help 

10 points for anniversary, we get only 5 % reward,  exclude same referral friend, whole year we lost 60 dollars (points). loyalty recognition  increase every year. not equal ! big loss

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fredwang wrote:

I have 6 dollars reward per month, now I only get 5% points (0.75points) . when my little son (12 years old) choose points( he think that is extra bonus), Public mobile give my account  lifetime 43 points . today I find this unfair change, we already lost 6$x8 months=48dollars, how to get back reasonable   reward !!!  thanks

Fred

@fredwang sorry, there is really no way to go back to the legacy rewards system once you migrated

Need Help? Let's chat.