cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to update credit card information

aak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is no direct link to update credit card information when credit card expire, when i remove and add autopay it doesnt ask me to update expiery date or cvv #. Would my next payment go through if my card epired and new date and cvv# has not been updated?

28 REPLIES 28

@aak  It looks like this has turned into a bit of a mess for you. In the light of day  lets hope things have turned around for you. After site maintenance perhaps this has cleaned up some of the credit card acceptance issues the site has been having. First ensure there is no issue with the card by calling the card issuer. Once you're given the all clear as previously stated clear browser and use secret mode before you log in to your account.  Since you cannot remove or replace a card now you must go to add a card and enter the correct information to the payee. Just take your time make sure you haven't missed something minor full name on card or all CAPS etc... and hopefully it works out.

@aak wrote:

there is no information about any locks , how many times i have to enter my information correctly to be locked out?

When some attempts to charge a card multiple times, the company or credit card issuer will sometimes beleive that the card has been stolen and then someone is trying to guess the correct information.  If this has happened, you need to talk to the company involved or your credit card issuer to check the status of your card. 

aak

there is no information about any locks , how many times i have to enter my information correctly to be locked out?

@aak wrote:

i need solution, not repetition of the same advice, i think you can sence my frustration.

yes i did this about 17 times

@aak  If you did it 17 times then you have triggered a cc security lock on your account and need to submit a ticket and ask the moderator to remove the lock.

aak

i need solution, not repetition of the same advice, i think you can sence my frustration.

yes i did this about 17 times

@aak wrote:

very bad advice, now i lost autopay and cant even add the card

@aak  Take a copy of your credt card statement and enter the address exactly as you see it including uppercase/lowercase. Do not enter any special characters like unit# or apartment number. Do not enter any spaces when entering your postal code.

Hope this helps.

MrHelp

Don't worry, you can easily activate autopay once you have the credit card update issue. Were you able to get the page as below?  

Manage Credit Card

The following credit card is currently registered with your account:
Credit Card Number: ******

aak

very bad advice, now i lost autopay and cant even add the card

MrHelp

Did you first try removing the existing credit card? Then you can enter the new credit card information. If you have auto pay turned on, I would first remove that as well. Then you can turn it back on once you update your card information.

To do this, sign in to your account, go to the "payment" tab and click "manage credit or visa debit card"

aak

hi there, please provide working link or direct address how to create a ticket to whomever might be able to resolve this problem.

thank you

aak

No luck, here is the message I am getting. Extremly carefuly reviewed my information, everything is correct but still doesn't work, will go ahead with ticket in OctoberPublic.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aak wrote:

yes, if I can, so far I couldn't

So making sure your address that you enter in the payment screen is the same as your payment card billing address and not using the apt# field and not having a space in the postal code or dropping the last digit...did not work?

Did you try a different browser or clear cache or use incognito/privacy mode?

aak

yes, if I can, so far I couldn't

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@aak You can update your credit card and still retain your autopay reward.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sksk wrote:

My situation : Public tells me "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address. "

I'm  stuck   b/c the system does not recognize me

This is a different question to what the very helpful aak is helping with though. aak couldn't update their card. You can't log in (to do so). Different.

Check all your email inboxes for the welcome email from here and that will be your email address known to here. Then maybe try the Forgot your password? link if you still can't get in.

aak

I think this will be the best path to follow:

Submit a ticket to the PM moderator team and ask them to confirm that it will work. To submit a ticket to Public Mobile click here. Login to your community account and select your issue and submit your ticket. The ticket will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

aak

I think this will be the best path to follow:

Submit a ticket to the PM moderator team and ask them to confirm that it will work. To submit a ticket to Public Mobile click here. Login to your community account and select your issue and submit your ticket. The ticket will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

aak

I think one of the contributors to this chat said that you can just make a payment using your new card, but i dont think it will be considered as autopay and you will loose your autopay discount

Sksk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My situation : Public tells me "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address. "

I'm  stuck   b/c the system does not recognize me

Sksk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

me TOO !!   How can I keep using this service if I can't update credit card info to pay ??

@aak wrote:

Card expires in October, I am using new one already, so payment goes through because card technically did not expire yet, other option with replacing credit card and making all updates doesn’t work and comes back with prompt that they unable to process purchase even though I don’t make any purchases. Will wait till end of October to see what happens, but system definitely needs improvement. Thank you for everyone’s input, no solution though

@aak  I would recommend that you submit a ticket to the PM moderator team and ask them to confirm that it will work. To submit a ticket to Public Mobile click here. Login to your community account and select your issue and submit your ticket. The ticket will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team

aak

Card expires in October, I am using new one already, so payment goes through because card technically did not expire yet, other option with replacing credit card and making all updates doesn’t work and comes back with prompt that they unable to process purchase even though I don’t make any purchases. Will wait till end of October to see what happens, but system definitely needs improvement. Thank you for everyone’s input, no solution though

@aak 

Follow geopubic suggestion above.  I just changed my credit card information right now.  I choose "replace credit card".  It worked for myself.  

@aak wrote:

These are the same steps I described in my original question, do you think doing it again will change the outcome

@aak  Make a onetime payment to your account and test it. Don't worry the amount you add to your funds will automatically be used on your next renewal.

aak

These are the same steps I described in my original question, do you think doing it again will change the outcome

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..Remember, accepted credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@aak 

Select the ‘Payment’ tab,  If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

Two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"
Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

Note: When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

Once this is done then make a small one time payment into your account to see if the payment will go through.

Hope this helps!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@aak 

You can remove your present credit card informatino.  Under payment tab, then choose Manage autopay icon.  Remove autopay.  Then add in the new credit card infomration with new exprary date, etc.  

Make sure that the address exactly matches your credit card billing address.  If apartment number, leave that section blank.  

Need Help? Let's chat.