cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started - Need to Port in Number

titan36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am a new customer and I need to port in my number from old carrier. 

Could someone tell me the steps of how to transfer number.

1) Submit request to port in number

2) Create account

3) Choose Plan

etc

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

@titan36  A couple of questions so we can understand a little more....

1. Are you activating a new account? If so....
  2. Are you trying to use a phone number already on a public mobile account?
  3. Are you trying to access your old account or one you just created?
  4. Are you using the same email from the old account for the new one?
  5. Have you created a new account with a temporary number? If so.....
  6. Are you trying to change/port your number from an old pm account?

@titan36 Was your credit card charged on the original set up? If yes your account was set up, you could try waiting for 50 minutes, clearing your browser history , go to incognito/ private mode , turn off add block. And try again. The system is finicky. If this doesn't work , contact a moderator and explain your problem . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket 

@titan36 wrote:

Hi,

My old public mobile profile has my cellphone number but the email was never verfied.

Now,

when I go in to begin the registration number with my cellphone number. it says.

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.

When I click on forgotten password.

and enter my email. It says.

Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.

I never clicked the link to confirm email verification when I initially began the registration process. And now it does not send a confirmation email link to that account.

@titan36 , I suggest reaching out to the moderator team for assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

titan36

Hi,

My old public mobile profile has my cellphone number but the email was never verfied.

Now,

when I go in to begin the registration number with my cellphone number. it says.

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.

When I click on forgotten password.

and enter my email. It says.

Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.

I never clicked the link to confirm email verification when I initially began the registration process. And now it does not send a confirmation email link to that account.

@titan36 PM doesn't allow porting between accounts. You Would have  to port out and then back in. Remove your autopay credit card.  The old account will be closed in 90 days. The port out will also close it.

@titan36 wrote:

Hi,

I need to delete my old publicmobile account profile which has my cellphone number and start fresh. How do i do that?

The old profile had my cellphone number but the email confirmation was never verified. Thanks.

titan36

Hi,

I need to delete my old publicmobile account profile which has my cellphone number and start fresh. How do i do that?

The old profile had my cellphone number but the email confirmation was never verified. Thanks.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To protect your number, create your account with a temporary number, then initaite, the port from within your "my account". 1. register Sim create account /choose plan with a temporary numberetc. Remember to leave the cc apartment field blank.  2 Log inand  initiate your port..

If you are porting from Koodo prepaid, you need to contact a moderator to do it for you

titan36

Do I buy the SIM before the port in or after?

Need Help? Let's chat.