cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to access account via PC

leafsby2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for service a couple days ago, I wanted to transfer my number but because I was with Koodo I needed to choose a new number and then have it ported over.

that went fine, now what I am having an issue with is that when I try to log on via pc it keeps sending a code to the previous number before my number was ported over. Shouldn’t it have reset upon a number change?? 

can someone get me access to my account? Possibly by removing the number so the code can be sent via email instead. 

5 REPLIES 5

HI @leafsby2 

the same option should be seen on the app

Go to Profile page on the app, there should be places to Manage EverSafe ID

or you can try using your phone browser and check if you can login via phone browser.  

leafsby2

thanks for the info, however i tried logging in again via PC to do this and magically my 2FA number was removed (assuming someone higher up seen my post) and removed it. So this issue is now addressed i was able to get into my account and make the necessary changes and update the 2FA number.

leafsby2

I was unable to even get into the account to even change that, and the app was useless (no pun intended) i had access to my account via the app but no option to change the setting i wanted to change. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@leafsby2 - many customers do not know you can set up a different number to send the 2FA codes to through your Profile section in your My Account. I can see this being helpful for people who manage children's accounts or other people's accounts that may not be 'phone savvy'.

But, when you change your phone number, this contact (2FA) number is not changed; too bad something did not pop up to offer to change it when a number change takes effect.

esjliv_0-1690146024095.png

"Changing your number means any future confirmation codes for two-step authentication will be sent to this new number."

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@leafsby2 

try this

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

once you are in, go to Profile page, Click Manage EverSafe ID to update the phone number 

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profilehttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profile

Need Help? Let's chat.