cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to get my new phone going...

frustratedpaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

okay, phone went down that small elevator crack. done. bought a new phone....was actually locked to fido! anyway, I can't get my contacts or anything now....just changed banks after a split and waiting for credit card. how does this work? it was way easier before. 

2 REPLIES 2

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@frustratedpaul 

Did you make a backup on your phone for your contacts, etc?  either on cloud system or on computer?  If not, you will likely need to re-enter the contact information, etc.  

Here is some information on transferred PM service to new phone:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@frustratedpaul 

On your new phone, just login to your old phone account…the contact will be transferred over to the new phone.

As for the old Fido locked phone, you need to talk to Fido.

If you have a PM SIM in your old phone. You need to pickup a new SIM then login to your account and have the 2FA code sent to your email. Once you are in your account, go to the Profile section and click on Change SIM card number…bingo…you are off and running on your new phone with your old number.

If you are having issues in login to your account, click on your avatar top right then Messages and private message a CS_Agent to help you access your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.