cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble using phone from the US

elanastacey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

For some reason I am having trouble using my phone from the US. I have already purchased an add on for calling US numbers long distance, and have only used 10 of 1000 minutes. I also added a US roaming pagkage for 10 days, which I have not even used 10% of. But now that I am trying to make phone calls FROM the US (to either US or Canadian phone numbers), it is not letting me. My data roaming is on.I get a message saying either "your call could not be completed because your plan does not include a US roaming add on" (when calling the UD number) or "your call cannot be completed because you've used all available minutes" (when calling a Canadian number).

I will definitely be needing to use my phone to make phone calls, so please advise!!

8 REPLIES 8

Gin101

To htideGnow Publicmobile wrote that in term and condition or somewhere else i didn t say somethings that i took in my head. I read that on publicmobile rules or therm i don t remember where

FROM PUBLIC MOBILE POST

Coverage areas are approximate. Actual coverage and network services can vary and are subject to change.Public Mobile service covers almost all of the populated areas in Canada. Coverage areas, and the connectivity in these areas, will depend on the availability of network facilities. These are subject to change from time to time, without notice. 

US 3G/HSPA NETWORK SHUT DOWN FAQS

As of February 22, 2022, some United States (U.S.) carriers will begin turning down their 3G/HSPA networks.Please read further to learn how this will affect your Public Mobile roaming service in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands).What Public Mobile services will be affected?

• Today, customers are able to enjoy the combined coverage area of AT&T and T-mobile 3G/HSPA networks when roaming in the U.S. Following the AT&T 3G/HSPA network shutdown on February 22, 2022, some customers with U.S. roaming add-ons traveling to the United States may be impacted by differences in coverage for their voice calls, accessing voicemail and receiving notifications, text messages, data; or service quality (including 9-1-1 calls) when roaming in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands). IT S PUBLIC MOBILE THEM SELF WROTE THIS...

Gin101

Tell me back if they resolved thank you

Gin101

I have the same problem as you have againfor 2 weeks now but they answer anythings and do not resolve the problem with Chatr customer can talk to a real person on phone on public mobile try to talk with and agent and good luck if they resolve your problem tell me thank you

HI @Gin101   Most cities should still be good with TMobile.

Even AT&T, many cities still have 3G without problem

Gin101

Infortunatly public mobile did a post to mention that in some cities it is hard to using the phone because they run on 3g and now almost all the cities work on 5g that s why in some cities the phone reception are not good

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@elanastacey  - while you are in the USA, the only way to use Public Mobile Services is by purchasing "ROAMING" addons (as other posted), any other addons are you use whilst you are on Canada only.

The ROAMING addons last 10 days and start as soon as you successfully add them to your account (you have 240 hours to use them).

ROAMING addons will show up on your "Plan Details" section of your overview account; where as regular addons will show up under "My Data & Add-Ons" section.

Do you see the 10-day package under your "Plan Details"? If not, go back and add it to your account.

• Restarting your phone should help you connect to the correct network.
  • Go to the cellular or network settings in your phone, and check your APN configuration. If possible, manually search and select T-Mobile's network.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@elanastacey 

In order to be able to use your device to TALK when in the US, you'll need a roaming add-on which includes "Talk" as a component of the purchase.  Many users mistakenly believe purchasing a US Long Distance add-on gives them the ability to call from the US, however that only allows calling the US when you're physically in Canada.

Did you purchase one of the below add-ons which include that "Talk" component (or one of the data only packages below them?)

Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle  $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle  $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only  $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only  $8

U.S. Data Only:

250MB  $10

500MB  $15

1GB  $20

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@elanastacey wrote:

Hello,

For some reason I am having trouble using my phone from the US. I have already purchased an add on for calling US numbers long distance, and have only used 10 of 1000 minutes. I also added a US roaming pagkage for 10 days, which I have not even used 10% of. But now that I am trying to make phone calls FROM the US (to either US or Canadian phone numbers), it is not letting me. My data roaming is on.I get a message saying either "your call could not be completed because your plan does not include a US roaming add on" (when calling the UD number) or "your call cannot be completed because you've used all available minutes" (when calling a Canadian number).

I will definitely be needing to use my phone to make phone calls, so please advise!!

Long distance minutes don't do anything when you're in the U.S. and data roaming doesn't do anything for phone calls. Go into account to see if the roaming add-on was purchased properly.  You need to pay for the add-on first and the second step is to buy the add-on.  Trying to buy the add-on first won't purchase it unless you pay first.

Need Help? Let's chat.