cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble transferring phone number

Daniel26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to speak with an actual person to finish transferring a phone number to Public Mobile. The phone plan is for my daughter and she does not understand the chatbot advice. We would like to speak with someone to finish the process.

9 REPLIES 9

@Daniel26 

You will probably have to go into a Rogers store and transfer your activate account to a new Rogers SIM so you or your daughter will need to reply the the text with YES confirming you are porting over to PM.

Daniel26

Yes, my daughter missed the text to confirm the transfer - that was nearly a month ago. The text message did not give me a phone number to call. Curiously, there was a phone number when I had to resolve the same issue for my son. Do you have this number?

@Daniel26 okz then you missed the porting authentication text

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Daniel26 at which stage your daughter's activation is now? already activated and port in request submitted? or not activatedbat all?

if not activated at all, here are the steps

You want to first confirm your number is eligible to port into PM first here:

Confirm your number is eligible to port into PM (it is a Koodo site because both Koodo and PM use the same Telus system):
https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

Then, make sure your old provider account is still active.  Login to your old provider account and make note of the account number

Next, get a Public Mobile sim card from

Once you have the sim card, activate your account by using the PM app (preferred way) or online on PM web site - https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans , pick a plan and click Subscibe.  (Please note you can start from the site but you will still need to download the app to complete the activation after the payment step).   
After the payment step, you will get to the phone number step.  You will request to Transfer your exiting number instead of picking a new number.  Please provide your current phone number and the account number of the old provider as the porting info.

Once activation is completed , still have the old provider sim card in your phone.  Your old provider will send you a SMS and ask your permission for the porting.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins for the porting to complete

Once replied yes, you can put your PM sim card in a phone and wait for incoming calls to come.  Reboot your phone ever 30 mins and test incoming call from another line.  If incoming call reaches your PM sim card, then the Porting is completed

Daniel26

Thank you for replying. To give you some context, the old phone number is moving from Rogers to Public Mobile. The phone has had the Public Mobile SIM card already in it for some time but my daughter never noticed / did not respond to the call or text to complete the transaction at the time. 

The old Rogers account is still active but I no longer have the old Rogers SIM card. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

There's not actual talk service support, but there is live chat service you can access @Daniel26 

Online Activation Assistance (Public Mobile)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Daniel26 - there is no one to call here for support, all support to CSA and Community (consisting of members /customers like you and I) are online.

Where is the problem your daughter is stuck at?

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval, within 90 minutes, to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

FYI -  Ways to contact CSA below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, OR

2-go to your envelope at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message. Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support (link is provided in #3 below as well). 

3 -Use this link (same as #2)  Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Daniel26  Did you miss the text to confirm the transfer from old provider . By replying YES to it you have 90 mins to do so . There a number for live support that can help will send you it private message 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

We're actual persons. The support people in private messaging are actual persons. Just no verbal talking.

The old account needs to be active and you need to leave the old sim in a phone to confirm the transfer.

Need Help? Let's chat.