cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferrring my phone now no text or phone

jijolo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i can not send or receive texts or phone calls. just transferred my phone number

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jijolo 

Sounds like you made the biggest and common mistake when porting to PM...not leaving your old SIM in your phone to confirm to the text from your old carrier that you are porting out.

You will need a CS_Agent to restart the porting process tomorrow as they are off for the day. Their hours are 6:00am to 10:00pm EST.

So create a ticket or pm them and keep your eyes on the pm envelope above.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jijolo 

If you didn't reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) don't do so now so you continue to have service while you wait until morning to get your pm Sim card properly provisioned to your account. The CSA can reinitiate your port request once they provision your Sim card.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@jijolo 

So you are porting a number in from another carrier? Did you leave your old sim in to get the confirmation text to port your number out?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jijolo   you cannot even make outgoing calls?

So, does the phone status show any error like "SIM not provisioned", "No Sim", "No network"?

best is to test your PM sim on another phone to confirm it is not a device issue

If you don't have another phone, at least reseat the sim (power off, take sim out for a minute, then put it back and power on)

If you tried above and still cannot even make outgoing calls, then open ticket with PM support.  It is likely just a sim card provisioning issue, an easy fix for PM and you just need to open a ticket with them:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.