cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer of number from landline

popwheelie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having trouble transferring my number from a landline, two step authentication text keeps being sent to the old landline which I cannot retrieve. I called the landline service provider and they said a person must call them to release the old number and they said they have no problem releasing the number but not with an automated system, I cannot even do that as I cannot retrieve the text sent. Any help would be great. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

popwheelie

No I did not check, I am super new to this and was unaware of that. Thanks for the help, I will be sure to check in the future.

popwheelie

Perfect! I called and everything is being taken care of. Thank You so much for your help.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@popwheelie   To add to what’s already been mentioned Did you first check to see if the number can be ported to PM 

Check to see if # can be ported

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @popwheelie 

Porting from a land line can take up to 5 business days. Since you have already reached out to your current service provider, they should have placed notes to expect a porting request from Public Mobile. If this hasn't ported after 5 business days, I'll send you a number you can call which is the PM porting department. Please check your mailbox in the top right corner of this page.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popwheelielandline transfer can take 2 to 3 days to go through and you can ignore the the text message as that only applies for cell carriers

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @popwheelie 

there is no text to send to landline, you usually dont' have to contact them to release the line but if you called them ask them the step

i will also send you PM porting support team number, call PM and ask if the already request the port and ask for update

Need Help? Let's chat.