cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

topup

tracy_0426
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, ive added $25 to my phone for the $25 plan, it took the money and the plan is active but i still cannot use it, theres no service, and theyre asking for a add on? why would i need an add on for data or long distance, when theyre included in the $25 plan? im very very frusterated, and im about to go to another provider

17 REPLIES 17

@Lorca wrote:

Am I the only person who thinks having to use a lost/stolen trick to reboot the service is ridiculous? All @tracy_0426  wants to do is pay the bill and use the phone. I also think having to add extra funds to the account to get it to work is pretty bad too. 

Completely agree. However, once a ticket has been submitted it doesn't hurt to try the workarounds. I think a ticket should be submitted EVERYTIME this problem occurs, otherwise PM will not have good data to assess which bug to fix next. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@tracy_0426 wrote:

everything is how its suppose to be, but theres just no service, shows i paid and its active..... ugghghh

@tracy_0426  If it shows no service then the problem is that you account hasn't been provisioned preoperly and will need to be reset by PM's moderator team to get it going again.

Best to submit a ticket if you haven't done so.

Submit a Ticket

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lorca wrote:

Am I the only person who thinks having to use a lost/stolen trick to reboot the service is ridiculous? All @tracy_0426  wants to do is pay the bill and use the phone. I also think having to add extra funds to the account to get it to work is pretty bad too. 

Here at PM.  We will do what it takes to get your service working ASAP instead of waiting up to 2 days for moderator help.

BTW, some of the things, moderator ask you to do, were suggested on this thread.

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tracy_0426 wrote:

everything is how its suppose to be, but theres just no service, shows i paid and its active..... ugghghh

Did you try the ideas suggested?

Even another one of shut down phone, remove SIM, restart phone, shut down phone, insert SIM, restart phone.

@tracy_0426 yoir gonna have to message the moderator_team and ask for help. Click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start the ticket to get them to message you 

tracy_0426

kellykellz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, have you tried resetting the network/cellular settings on your phone as if you are using public mobile for the first time?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tracy_0426 wrote:

ive tried EVERYTHING, im about to throw it out all together ... worst company ever

Yes...everything.

As mentioned, here's some more info on a couple OTHER things you can try.

1. The lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

Edit: nvm then I saw Triguy's post.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tracy_0426 wrote:

hi, ive added $25 to my phone for the $25 plan, it took the money and the plan is active but i still cannot use it, theres no service, and theyre asking for a add on? why would i need an add on for data or long distance, when theyre included in the $25 plan? im very very frusterated, and im about to go to another provider

When is your renewal date?

What is your account status?

If your account is suspended, your need to click the re-activate button before PM will use your fund to renew your plan.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@tracy_0426  if the restart doesn't work log in to your self serve account and click on lost/Stolen and log out, then wait 1p minutes and log back in and mark it as found and then restart the phone again!   Also there's no "reactivate account" button you can press on your account that you can see towards the top of the screen?? 

@tracy_0426 wrote:

ive tried EVERYTHING, im about to throw it out all together ... worst company ever

Well hold on...by  saying EVERYTHING..did you try the lost/stolen trick ?

Try the lost/stolen feature. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone. You could potentially lose any rewards that have.  Also try adding a $1 payment.

tracy_0426

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting you phone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tracy_0426 wrote:

Try cycling phone off/on. Let us know if this helped.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@tracy_0426  start be restating your cell phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.