cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text message language

devond
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For some reason, the text messages I am receiving from 3 of my contacts are getting translated into Arabic. They are all also public mobile users so maybe that has something to do with that. 

8 REPLIES 8

@devond wrote:

I am using Mi Message 

@devond Turn off your device.  Before logging back in, delete your browsing history and cache.  If necessary, use a different browser, using incognito mode may also help.

Hopefully, this simple procedure will help fix any messaging issues on your Android phone.

Have a nice day

RosieR

@devond 

Only thing you can do is to block them.

On your Xiaomi phone go to:

- Blocklist setting>Block SMS>add number to Blocklist>Blocked.

devond

I am using Mi Message 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@devond 

What texting app are you getting them from?

I am also getting the Arabic text too from my WhatsApp account. I just block and report them to WhatsApp.

devond

I have already gone through the settings on my phone multiple times and I can't find anything about translating texts and such.  

devond

I don't think this is the case I have translated some of the texts and also talked to two of my friends about it and they seem genuinely just as confused as me about it.  

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think it's most likely a phone setting, not a carrier setting. The carriers don't use any language settings for text messaging. You could technically send a bunch of gibberish like "ei$%Dmdiaieu9sjlisjd sijdos93us09es" and it should send the message exactly as typed. Some phones may have settings to translate incoming messages, but the transmitted message over the network would be unchanged as typed. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@devond 

I would suggest three of your friends are playing a trick on you. If other texts you receive are being received in English, it's likely these senders are sending a different language text.

You could always use Google Translate to see what it translates to.

Need Help? Let's chat.