cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text Limited Time Offer 15GB of 4G for $40/month

mrigney
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received this text message today from 5169: 

"Public Mobile here. We've got a great deal for you. Get 15GB of 4G speed data for only $40/month. Reply "YES" to get this limited time offer added to your plan on your upcoming December renewal date.
Plus, tell your friends that they can also get this offer. Available for a limited time to new customers during the Activation process.
Reply STOP if you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers."

Q1: Is this legit?

Q2: If so then if I sign up for it do I get the 15GB for $40/month just for one month or into the future?

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

@vanken wrote:

To see what a footnote means, go to the PLANS page, then click on 'Plan Details' then 'Offer details' and you will find it.

Compared to any other plan available to new customres, the only thing unique about this plan is how promo codes won't work it.  For existing customrer's the only real think of note is the earlier mention of no 3x points for existing customers.

vanken
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To see what a footnote means, go to the PLANS page, then click on 'Plan Details' then 'Offer details' and you will find it.

@rossputin   Lol...yep typo fixed...

Just read another thread and checked self serve, it looks like PM is now offering 20GB for $45 in self serve, although no mention for how long.   Alas, still nothing interesting for customers on the lower value plans who might be interested in more data, just not a boatload of data!

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr Don’t you mean $5 more?

@rossputin   To gently coerce customers from some of the older legacy plans, especially those with 90 day/12GB LTE plans from a few years ago.  I'm sure it's also enticing customers from $35+ plans, considering the the allotment of data available for just $10 $5 more?   Most customers will probably never use all that data anyways either..

rossputin

I still don’t understand why they’ve offered such a killer deal, especially to EXISTING customers. I feel like I’m misunderstanding something 🤔

aliaksar2000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Never mind. I just found it and did it lol. Either it wasn't there or I am blind 🙂

aliaksar2000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

In my case, I want to make the change as of next cycle which is a few days ahead. But when I responded with 'Yes' to their SMS, it said 'your plan will be automatically updated on your upcoming December renewal date. Log in to My Account if you want to get this plan sooner.". I logged in to make the change right away (since only a few days left for the cycle ends) or next cycle which is on November instead of waiting for it for December, but cannot find this plan to replace it with my current plan. So how can I take advantage of this promotion right away?

@rossputin   I'd like to know too, I couldn't find it yesterday either..

edit:  found it under Terms/Conditions and seems to apply to the new points rewards?  (PM's Plans page)

⁷We will use your email address to send you information about promotions, special offers and news about Public Mobile events and services. All communications will be coming from Public Mobile. Our contact information is: Marketing Preferences, 30 Floor, 25 York Street, Toronto ON M5J 2V5. You can withdraw your consent to receive electronic messages from Public Mobile at any time.

Important: Effective April 28 2022, the price of legacy plan $10 for 50 Minutes and 50 Texts will be increased to $13. Please adjust your payments accordingly to reflect the new plan fee of $13.

⁺Offer current as of July 13, 2022. Offer available to new customers who activate at Public Mobile. Offer provides 15% points-back for 12 months on eligible purchases on your plan or add-ons. Offer subject to change, and may be removed at any time. 15% points-back applies only to customer spend on plan renewals and add-ons, and is not applicable to any other method of earning points (such as welcome present points, give back points, refer-a-friend, anniversary, etc.). Offer is applied as a 10% points-back bonus on top of the current in-market points-back offer of 5%. After the 12-month period, the 15% offer will be removed, and customer will revert to the in-market points-back offer, which is currently 5%.

Points bonus will automatically be applied separately from the regular 5% points-back to eligible purchases within 4-5 business days. Points bonus will expire if the account is deactivated.

As of August 16, 2022, 1 Public point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. By redeeming 15 points, you can save $15 off the price of your phone bill, applied to your next renewal. Minimum redemption of 15 points required to receive a bill credit. Public Points have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash or any other benefits except under the Program.

rossputin

DEF6E1F2-752D-4EB2-A653-3CB21EE7A63B.jpeg

What is footnote 7? Doesn’t seem to appear under “fine print”

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Certain people can.. 😬

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mrigney   You can reply with a YES to the text received and then login to the account and select Plans/Add-ons page from the left side and the selected plan should appear as Scheduled (we hope). 

Otherwise select Change My Plan and proceed to select the correct one as there are two $40 plans by scrolling down with the arrow to the right side of page and then Change at Next Renewal is recommended.

@treefrog- Well...they're offering up the yes button or replying yes. Then one can just login to see if it's scheduled.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mrigney 

It's the real deal. Just make sure you schedule a change plan on next renewal. Don't depend on replying YES. Take a screenshot of the scheduled change of plan for proof if you need it. 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@mrigney 

Yes its for real and good until you change your plan in the future.

But why would you change it 🥺. It's too good of a deal, even for Public Mobile.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Good until you change to something else... BUT...PM reserves the right to amend the prices in future.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mrigney   (1)  Yes, it's legit. 

(2)  The plan is yours as long as you don't change it in the future, although PM always has the right to increase the price with 30 days notice to customers.

edit:  @mrigney   one more point, make sure to schedule the plan Change at Next Renewal as PM doesn't prorate for unused days left in your current cycle.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mrigney  Legit.. good deal…15 gb per cycle..👍

Need Help? Let's chat.