cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(solved) Problem using SIMon or opening a ticket

wyhtmgm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I spent about 2 hours trying to use SIMon or open a ticket.  It told me I had to make a Community account, which I did.  I could use the account and browse posts, but my password wasn't accepted for SIMon/Ticket.  I'll skip the details of what I tried and get to the bottom line; after multiple password changes I finally chose a simple password with no special characters, and that worked.  So, it seems to me that when I make a Community account it accepts passwords with special characters but won't use them for SIMon or tickets.

David

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wyhtmgm 

You can get the hang of using SIMon to submit a support ticket.....supposedly because SIMon and I don't see eye to eye so I prefer to just send a private message for customer support. To each his own.

But when it comes to your community account your password should be just as strong as your self serve account's. Your community account is your direct line to customer support and your private messages can contain as much sensitive account info if not more than your self serve account reveals.

You can delete this info from your private messages but don't delete all messages in case you ever need to prove what a CSA has told or promised you. So treat your community account with the same amount privacy and security settings as your self serve and don't remain signed in on your mobile phone or a device that is accessible by others.

Don't use the same password as your self serve account although you want the emails to match exactly in case you earn community reward points! Don't forget to verify your community account email if you haven't done so already. Welcome to the community!

wyhtmgm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I attempted to create a ticket, it did ask me to login using a Community account.  I created a Community account, and initially used the same password as for My Account but a username instead of my email address.  It wouldn't accept that username and password.  After several password change, and doing everything else the same, it only worked when I used a simple password with no punctuation.  I didn't experiment further.  Definitely the problem was with the Community account.

BTW, once I did manage to open a ticket it was handled promptly.  The problem was that I transferred my number from Telus to Public and for a few hours neither SIM worked.  A few minutes after I opened the ticket I had a brief chat with someone who said they had identified a sync problem and would escalate it.  Another few minutes later my phone started to work.  Still no data, but that could be a phone issue; I'll start reading up on what the APNs should be and so on.

Update on that last part:  When I said I'd start reading up on APNs, I didn't notice that a link to that had already been added to my ticket.  Problem solved.  Top marks for Mary!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wyhtmgm   Community and My Account are 2 different systems.  When you create ticket, it will first ask  you to login using Community account.  

After you have your ticket created and ready to submit, it will ask you to login using either My Account username/password or 4 digits PIN.    It is a bit confusing.  Just in case you still have trouble getting via it, you can also open ticket by private message PM support here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.