cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sign in to network - internal server error

amjadjadal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For 3 years did not have an issue with PM , last week data outage, message showing sign in to network-

internal server error.

My phone is Xiaomi poco x3 - used it for 6 months without problem.

I did all troubleshooting I found but nothing help??

can someone help me what to do. is this for us to buy bigger data plans??

Screenshot_2022-08-30-19-58-31-571_com.google.android.captiveportallogin.jpgScreenshot_2022-08-30-19-58-17-090_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech @Timer 

For a better understanding and the context of the quote from sheytoon....

(What is with tagging people on mobile it freaking sucks!)

Here is the entire post....

Minimum recommended phone specs:

• 3G UMTS/W-CDMA/HSPA: B2 (1900) and B5 (850)
  • 4G FDD-LTE: B4 and B12

Currently VoLTE is not available and voice calls are only on 3G. SMS and data can work on 3G or LTE. Fastest data speeds are on LTE.

For LTE, these are all of the available bands on the network: 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 29, 30, 66. Some bands are available in some locations, others available elsewhere.

Any phone you are considering should ideally have 3G B2, B5 and LTE B4 (or B66 instead of B4), B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage. If your phone does not have all recommended bands, you may have poor coverage / no service / slow data in some locations.

For LTE: B2, B7 will give you faster speeds. LTE B5 will give better indoor coverage in some downtown urban areas. The rest are not really necessary.

It seems to me that if the OP has been happy with his data service for the past 3 years then lacking B12 and B17 doesn't seem to be a problem and may only become one if the OP is traveling around or leaves his local area of residency. Of course @sheytoon always weigh in where we might be going wrong.

@softech 

i don't think so they issue for bands, --- 1. not have data left ,,,, 2. maybe there outage.

3. the 5 member report same issue wihtin 20 min.

@Timer wrote:

@computergeek541 

i know, but i'm not talking about 3G.

i just post it for two band.

but my a Q, for that device has 4G bands  24, 5, 7,  those not enough to get LTE?

@Timer 

Won't be enough for a stable data connections.  Would work but would be far from perfect

My research was from gsmarena.com

if you take the spec from Po.co  (https://www.po.co/global/poco-x3-nfc/specs/) for the global version of this phone, then the spec looks a bit nicer:

LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20/28

is this enough?  I still take sheytoon advise that:

Any phone should ideally have 3G B2, B5 and LTE B4 (or B66 instead of B4), B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage.

So, in this case, the phone is slightly better but could still suffer issue from unstable LTE data and hence getting the error like what OP sees.

Also, keep in mind Asian phone has lots of regional variant.  OP's phone could be the global version but could also be localized Asian version , could be what gsmarena based on, which will for sure have less compatible bands

Again, would be best if OP could provide us the exact model number so we can confirm the exact specs of the phone.

But OP also mentioned  that he has been using PM for 3 years without much trouble, so, if that means he has been using this phone on PM for 3 years, then it could be that he used up his data or really an outage

@computergeek541 

i know, but i'm not talking about 3G.

i just post it for two band.

but my a Q, for that device has 4G bands  24, 5, 7,  those not enough to get LTE?

@Timer wrote:

@softech 

they has LTE band for 

3G bands HSDPA 850 / 1900 /
4G bands  24, 5, 7

those not enough to get LTE?

"3G Bands HSDPA 850/1900" aren't LTE bands.

@Timer wrote:

@softech 

they has LTE band for 

4G bands  24, 5, 7

@amjadjadal   if those are the bands, maybe.. 

but as my what I have said, my research shows these are the bands of this phone, BOLD are the only compatible bands

3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41

But @amjadjadal  can certainly provide us the exact model number (not just model name)  from from Phone-> About page for better confirmation of the spec

@softech 

they has LTE band for 

4G bands  24, 5, 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@amjadjadal wrote:

For 3 years did not have an issue with PM , last week data outage, message showing sign in to network-

internal server error.

My phone is Xiaomi poco x3 - used it for 6 months without problem.

I did all troubleshooting I found but nothing help??

can someone help me what to do. is this for us to buy bigger data plans??

Screenshot_2022-08-30-19-58-31-571_com.google.android.captiveportallogin.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-30-19-58-17-090_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

You have 2 separate screen shots there, right @amjadjadal  ?

#1 - is a finicky, yet really annoying website issue, since the July My Account upgrades.

Incognito mode tab, then logging in using the "Sign In", "My Account" should work. Or try another browser or device.

#2 - is that you trying to use data on your phone?

Once you can log into My Account see if you have any data left; or, you can call 611 to check the balances of your data as well. You may not have any data left.

But, if you are showing data left, try:

• restart your phone
  • remove and reinsert your sim card
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • try your sim into another phone to see if things work

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am pretty certain as well that this is due to running out of data.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@amjadjadal   further checking your phone spec., it could be because your phone does not have the proper LTE band for using LTE data

this is what your phone has for network bands, BOLD are the compatible one with PM:

3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41

This is what PM uses:

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

your phone has the bands on 3G , so your voice calls should be good

But for LTE data, you only have band 5, which is not enough. You should have at least couple compatible bands for stable data connectoin

The workaround in this case, would be to force all the data trouble onto 3G network.  Please go to your phone and change your Preferred Mobile network to 3G Only. Your phone should have better data connection that way

But for long run, you should consider changing phone.  Try to get one with more compatible bands with PM network

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@amjadjadal 

Check the status of service outages and rebooting device.

To Login Page  use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

or safari on private mode,and check data usage.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@amjadjadal   did you login to My Account and confirm if you still have data?  This error is usually resulted from data all used up.  Please use Incognito mode to login to My Account to assure you are getting the most updated information , and not the cached version

Need Help? Let's chat.