cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service and payment

Momma12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Second voucher that I just bought... still not working. The message says to contact Public Mobile. I contact public mobile and they say they can't do anything; they can't redeem a voucher that has already been used...

Somebody ought better do something, because you can't just keep making people buy vouchers that have already been used by your own system.  I do need my phone. I've already paid 46$ for nothing. 

15 REPLIES 15

Momma12

No. no glue. I suspect that someone has taken over my SIM card. 

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Momma12 

Where specifically did you purchase the vouchers? Did you enter the 12 digit PIN # via your self serve account or using 611 on your phone? When you contacted support did they check the PIN # for validity and told you it was already redeemed? Is that the same message you recieved when you tried to add the voucher to your account balance?

Right.

We don't know the status of your phone. You came here for help from other customers as public mobile says they can not help you. 

We are all trying to help. I can't imagine what your through with this.

But we can't help you if you are not helping us to help you.

Good luck.

Momma12

If that were the case, my phone would not be suspended

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

What exactly is the error message? Are you sure that you did not successfully add them without being aware? Does it show you have funds available in your account? Log out  and back.

Maybe use a different browser or clear cache.

Can you reboot your phone and see what happens? As suggested by @TheSterlinger  do you have somebody that can sit with you and help you?

Momma12

2 different stores one of which, is a gas station

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Momma12 - Where did you buy it from?

Momma12

no. They told me to buy a new voucher to fix the problem.  I did and still don't work. I really hope they can fix the problem

Momma12

I did and they say the problem is on public mobile.. no refund

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

And you did and did they help you?

Momma12

The message says to contact public mobile. point blank

fixin1

@TheSterlinger - Our Sobeys has those warning symbols and the physical vouchers in the Gift Card section. So that is why I am worried and hopefully didn't occur to the OP.

I've heard a bit of those horror nightmares of the Gift Card scams and glue, etc in the states, but rarely heard of it here. The scam gift card calls are rising here.

This is how I see the voucher there at Sobeys:

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 4.29.03 PM.png

NVM, it says get it at checkout, so hopefully the place the OP went didn't have the specific card vouchers.

TheSterlinger

@fixin1 wow. That's scary. I bought mine from the gas station. It get printed through the cash machine just like your normal purchase receipt so no chance of that happening. (I hope)

It's live and not pre- printed. Date, time, serial #. Store info.

fixin1

@Momma12 - Maybe check with the store that you bought from, check if the voucher has glue or anything like that.

Ever heard of those Gift Card Phone scams? Well there evolving into that the scammer opens the Gift Card up, gets the code and glues it back together as if nothing had happened. When you activate the card, it will get them immediate access to the money and scam you.

It may also take up to 24 hours to fully activate.

If CS_Agent is saying that it was already deposited into another account, just ask.

Also maybe use incognito / secret / private mode or in the app / different browser or even another device.

TheSterlinger

@Momma12  I'm sorry you are still facing difficulties.  Where are you buying these vouchers from? Is there anyone you can ask to help you load it? A friend, family member?  

What is the error message? Can you take screenshot of how you did it?  Block out your personal information and post. Maybe we can help. 

I bought one once and it worked without any problems.  I bought it at shell.

Payments  tab add funds.

This was months ago so the website might have been updated, but it should work.

Screenshot_20240117_183836_Samsung Internet.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.