cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rewards carry over

DJ-14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I were to upgrade my plan, does the rewards carry over?  ie I currently have rewards of $5.... so the $40 plan should only cost me $35 like my $25 is now $20?

3 REPLIES 3

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

The ONLY caveat here when switching plans @DJ-14  (though doesn't apply to your case seemingly being a Legacy rewards customer), is if on Public Points, the reward value would most certainly drop when switching down plans given part of it's reward system is percentage based on the value of the plan.

Which is why other users have so very correctly reminded you to NEVER, EVER switch to Public Points regardless of how Public Mobile may attempt to market the switch to you.

Legacy rewards 4-ever!!!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @DJ-14 

I've been with Public Mobile almost 5 years now. With that being said I too am on the Legacy Rewards program, the same as you. I've switched 3 times to 3 different plans and I've kept my rewards. If at any point it asks you to join the new Points system, say no.... I'm sorry... I mean SAY NO!!!!  As long as you don't sign up for the new rewards, you'll be just fine. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DJ-14 

yes, the $5 rewards will stay and a $40 plan will only cost you $35.  So, You can freely change plan and it wont' affect your current rewards, also confirmed by Community Manager here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FAQ-amp-Troubleshooting/td-p/986594

Will I be moved to the new rewards program if I change my plan?
Changing your plan won’t automatically transfer you to our new Public Points rewards program. If you’re currently on our legacy rewards program, you will continue to stay on it. However, we encourage you to explore Public Points, as it opens up even more opportunities for savings.

Need Help? Let's chat.