cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refund

amp247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had no service since last week (Thursday). No one seems to want to help, in fact, a tech from Telus suggested I move to KOODO or Telus. I PAID OVER $50 for this plan I can't use, please - how do I get a refund so I can go elsewhere.

60 REPLIES 60

That's what I've been trying to say,  @esjliv 

@amp247 , what happened to the refund option you wrote about earlier whilst telling me i should read up on things?

Why are we still discussing this if you found that option which seemed to be what your initial request was about?

@amp247   we might not explain this.

But you keep saying it work flawlessly on S10Plus but not on the S20, anyone, including PM support, would likely conclude this is an issue with the new phone

I am more open to it as I am trying to help out and make sure it works.

I still think you should first try to find other active sim card to test your phone at your location.  This is a critical proof to show PM that it is not a device issue.  (or it could be the other way, it might confirm it is a device issue  😞 )

Of course, would be nice for you to test your PM sim card again on another phone in your current sim card.  This can further proof if the account or sim card is the problem.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@amp247 - bum phone.

Unless you can prove another SIM works really well in your new phone.

amp247

Explain to me how the SAME sim worked FLAWLESSLY in my S10Plus, never once had an issue with connection to the network. Explain to me how when I drive 2-3 blocks away from here, I can hear the DING DING DING sounds of all the text messages/voicemails coming in and the phone STAYS connected but the moment I drive into my driveway (which was NEVER an issue before on the s10Plus), all of a sudden I have "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY" and or "NO SERVICE".  How come my phone appears to be "active" on the side of PM, yet on mine its not making a sound, no calls, no texts, can't access my voicemails. NOTHING.   Explain how this was NEVER an issue with the s10Plus.  Explain how a phone in BRAND NEW CONDITION is doing this? Is the SIM damaged? I didn't drop it or "hurt" it in any way shape or form - the age of that sim is about 4 years if that matters.   Look. I work from home and I need a solution, or a new SIM card, or something. FAST. I don't have the option of just going out and BUYING another plan/sim at the moment, I am freshly coming off being off work for over a year for surgeries and my pay isn't exactly great right now, at 65%. When I spend $53.00, it's significant. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

This OP seems to be describing a DEVICE issue. 

It's likely due to device settings,  device limitations, signal problems, or environmental conditions. 

They'll be lucky if PM refunds. 

If the OP is on the old rewards system, they may want to think hard about skipping out with the accumulated rewards they may have to date. 

@LitlLdy  we are all trying to help.  Every little bit of suggestion counts.  🙂

@amp247  any chance you get get another working phone to test your PM sim card at home?

did you open ticket with PM Support?  did they check if there is any local network issue at home?

@softech wrote:

@LitlLdy   the screenshot on the other phone show no connection at all

@amp247 if you no longer have the S10+, still see if you can get a hold of another phone from friend, it is needed  for troubleshooting purpose

And testing other sim card on this phone is needed too.  You said this is a phone you just got, it could be a device issue if not blacklisted

@softech , Sorry I thought somehow it might be missing some settings on that phone keeping it from working properly with Public Mobile network. Especially since it worked with a Virgin Mobile SIM and it picked it up no problem. Returned the PM SIM and it goes to "no service" symbol right away.

I’m sorry I’m no help 😔

amp247

BESTBUY.CA

PREFERRED NETWORK SETTING: I do not have one, I will take whatever the heck it works on, I don't specify, it does it automatically. I never have had to do that.

FACTORY RESET: ohhhh only about 19 times now. NOTHING works, the SIM card doesnt want to connect while I am AT HOME - if I drive two blocks away it somehow links up to the network.

You wrote earlier,  "There IS an option for refunds, and I have found it."

So is this resolved now?

@amp247   BestBuy Outlet? is this Bestbuy store or Bestbuy Marketplace?

What is your Preferred network type settings? 

did you try  to factory reset one more time?

amp247

PM card works. Worked flawlessly in the s10+. Has not worked in the s20+. The SIM is about 4.5-5 years old.

The device was purchased from BEST BUY OUTLET - it is OPEN BOX condition.

The device MIRACULOUSLY works on the network if I drive two blocks or so away from my house. It NEVER did that before, my s10+ had great service not once did it do this.

Already tried another sim. 

The phone basically doesn't work while I am HOME, and I WORK from HOME.  I live alone, in a building full of people l DON'T KNOW, so I don't know who I'd ask for their SIM card. they are all strangers.

I have been through all of this and some, and still, no service.   I want my money back

@LitlLdy   the screenshot on the other phone show no connection at all

@amp247 if you no longer have the S10+, still see if you can get a hold of another phone from friend, it is needed  for troubleshooting purpose

And testing other sim card on this phone is needed too.  You said this is a phone you just got, it could be a device issue if not blacklisted

@softech , I was just guessing. I can understand the ops frustration! This may be a dumb question but could it be the APN settings?

@amp247 said in other post no longer has the S10plus!

@LitlLdy I guess you are right

@amp247  first, does the PM sim card sitll working on the S10?

if it does, then it is really not a PM issue

But we can continue troubleshoot your S20 issue.

I understand you checked Blacklisted site once.  But sometimes, there is a delay. Since, it has been couple days, I suggest you to check again:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Even it said it is not blacklisted, open ticket with PM and ask them to check explictly.  Sometimes, there is a sync issue between provider, what we see is clean on the site, provider could still be blacklisted on their systems for whatever reason

Last, find an active sim from your friend to test your phone and see if it connects.  We need to get to the bottom of it to confirm if this phone works on any network.  Try to ask for an active Rogers or Bell sim as well as an active Koodo or Telus sim 

@softech wrote:

@amp247   of course we cannot tell for sure if PM will issue you a refund

But tell us what happened and maybe we can guess from our experience

Again, is the service wroking now?

What was the hiccup?  some device settings? or was it really a local network outage?  

you didn't provide us any details, we can just go by the book and tell you NO.  PM won't issue refund because it is a prepaid provider

@softechI’m gonna take a guess & try to read minds.. maybe part of the issues is posted in the ops post from Saturday that you replied to & was marked as solved then no one responded back again! I don’t know!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/New-Samsung-phone-sim-doesn-t-seem-to-wor...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you able to log in to your account? If not then did you possibly deal with a credit card problem somewhat recently? What recording do you get when you dial 611?

@amp247   of course we cannot tell for sure if PM will issue you a refund

But tell us what happened and maybe we can guess from our experience

Again, is the service wroking now?

What was the hiccup?  some device settings? or was it really a local network outage?  

you didn't provide us any details, we can just go by the book and tell you NO.  PM won't issue refund because it is a prepaid provider

It's not advice, @amp247 , it's in their Service Terms at the bottom of the page.

Further, I don't believe I wrote "YOU WON'T GET A REFUND".   There are always exceptions and circumstances - which IS what I wrote.

Good luck!

amp247

Great, I asked a question and you promptly gave me a "YOU WON'T GET A REFUND" but guess what. There IS an option for refunds, and I have found it. So maybe study up a little before offering eroneous advice. 

@amp247 wrote:

I DID ALL OF THAT. AND SOME. 

@amp247   you opened a ticket and PM refused?

I guess the issue is to find out why you had no service.  If it is your device problem, then yes, any carrier has a right NOT to provide any kind of compensation

if they acknowledge that it is their network issue, I don't see why PM won't do anything.  PM has been nice most the time in terms of compensating their client

Again, if you are going to Koodo or Telus, they are postpaid provider, it's not hard to bargain for a $50 credit.  Just tell them you are from PM and your experience, they might.  I have seen this happened

Remember, @amp247 , we're just customers like you.

We have ZERO say or influence what happens with your hard-earned dollars that you 'gave' to Public Mobile.

Best we can offer is advice on how and where to seek recourse. 

From there, it's on you to either roll with it, or roll on outa here.

Good luck!!!

amp247

I DID ALL OF THAT. AND SOME. This problem has cost me more than my $52.80 and I want that money back, this is not acceptable. How they think telling me to go to KOODO or TELUS after taking my funds is ridiculous, it's not HELP that's for sure. I want my money back and I will happily get the *&*&& outta here

amp247

Welll isn't that nice. A place that happily takes over $50 of my money and I don't get to use it? I don't think so, bud. Whatever they gotta do, I want this money back, this is absolutely disgusting in terms of help. I work from home, I need a phone - and this place did not HONOUR the contract, I paid for. 

amp247

The TELUS tech was messaging me ON BEHALF OF THIS PROVIDER, HERE. Thanks for coming out. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@amp247 

There are no refunds for service from pre-paid providers unless your payment was received and not applied towards services as directed.   (ie  fault on THEIR end).

If you do decide to move, and the customer support agents won't refund your payment, AND the payment isn't just resting on your Available Funds waiting to be used (check, it could be...), then process a chargeback from your credit card provider.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@amp247 

Still no service?  Can you give us more details and maybe we can help?

you can discuss with PM support to see if they can do anything to compensate.

And in fact, if you go to Telus or Koodo, talk to the CS agent, they might be able to do something (since PM /Koodo/Telus are all one big famiiy) , like a one time credit, just tell them your PM experience

to open ticket with PM support

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@amp247 - who have you tried to get help from so far? Telus??? This is public mobile, so either here in the Community or directly to customer support (CSA) is where help is provided.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@amp247  PM is pre paid so not typically any refunds but you can always try with support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Need Help? Let's chat.