cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refer a friend

tk1970
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the on rewards page it says "You could earn up to 190 pts" - is this per month or per year?

25 REPLIES 25

@computergeek541 wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

That's hearsay @computergeek541  - LOL. As I guess we could say about so many other posts and information around here.😆

I wonder if the 110 applies to all at one time?

Or if you had 110, and 1 ported out, then got another referral would that 110 still be awarded; or only 109-cause you already reached the 110 lifetime limit?

It's not a limit on the number of referrals in the account nor is it a lifetime limit. It's a limit on the amount of referral credits that can be awarded per renewal.

@computergeek541 Is that as true as the statement, that is still stated in the Help Articles today? No need to comment 😉.

"You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months."

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

I've posed three questions to Jade in my points thread. Two concerning points one concerning rewards. Maybe you can answer the questions?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Public-Points-Rewards-Tracking-points/m-p...

@esjliv wrote:

That's hearsay @computergeek541  - LOL. As I guess we could say about so many other posts and information around here.😆

Or if you had 110, and 1 ported out, then got another referral would that 110 still be awarded; or only 109-cause you already reached the 110 lifetime limit?

It's not a limit on the number of referrals in the account nor is it a lifetime limit. It's a limit on the amount of referral credits that can be awarded per renewal.

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @esjliv   honest, I wonder if PM will have the answer, I doubt anyone got 111 referrals. 

I can only imagine you can get that many if you work in a  store  (like CCS) and get all the referral on activation for those new clients who don't have one.  But if have such a high volume, I think they probably have more than one lines so they can get that many referral bonus

The referral credit limit is per account.  And yes, people have had more before. The cutoff in credits was automatic.  At the time, moderators were instructed to stop manually adding the additional credits.  Officially, customers weren't supposed to be able to earn more rewards than the cost of the plan.

Hi @esjliv   honest, I wonder if PM will have the answer, I doubt anyone got 111 referrals. 

I can only imagine you can get that many if you work in a  store  (like CCS) and get all the referral on activation for those new clients who don't have one.  But if have such a high volume, I think they probably have more than one lines so they can get that many referral bonus

@darlicious    Ahh....makes sense.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Yes and no. I was stating the difference between the two is a loss over the course of a year.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tk1970    Did you make the switch to points then?  If you have and have quite a lot of points available to you (one time credit for past months of loyalty), then perhaps you could test if it's possible to redeem more than one $15 credit per day, that is if you don't mind.

Also I think @darlicious meant to say you'll lose $60 (not $50) loyalty going forward for the maximum loyalty rewards,  however, you'll get 10 points annually now instead.

@esjliv wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:
but no one knows for sure if the the 110 referral limit will be enforced on the points system.

Is there a help article or is the 110 referral limit even written somewhere officially @computergeek541 ?

I think the first time I ever hear of the 110 limit was from a post did a couple years ago or something.

No offense, but i'd rather see that in a public mobile official statement. 🙂....not like it will ever affect me as my referral list will never get to that point anyhow 😄....but you know, if we are sharing with others it is nice to have that backup.

Public Mobile is who informed me of the limit.

@computergeek541 wrote:
but no one knows for sure if the the 110 referral limit will be enforced on the points system.

Is there a help article or is the 110 referral limit even written somewhere officially @computergeek541 ?

I think the first time I ever heard of the 110 limit was from a post you did a couple years ago or something.

No offense, but i'd rather see that in a public mobile official statement. 🙂....not like it will ever affect me as my referral list will never get to that point anyhow 😄....but you know, if we are sharing with others it is nice to have that backup.

edit to add missing word

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Public Mobile is always playing hard and fast with the way they market the points program. It also says you continue to earn points when suspended that's only true for anniversary points. It does not apply for referrals or community points even though it does infer that it does.

The 3x points offer could be to counter the negative reception to the points program. However, that doesn't help when it comes to existing customers.  When it comes to to triple points back, I see that as simply a substitution for other promotions such as a free renewal.  It doesn't help that much with the loss of autopay and reduction of loyalty rewards.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Public Mobile is always playing hard and fast with the way they market the points program. It also says you continue to earn points when suspended that's only true for anniversary points. It does not apply for referrals or community points even though it does infer that it does.

@tk1970 wrote:

OK, it makes more sense.  I think it is an offer directed to me for changing the programs.   So it is 190 points per month, but as with the old program, im sure they will cap me at 110 or something...  thanks!   

It's really per 30 days, with the exception of Community rewards/points, but the reward/point amount needs to be earned each month. There could be a favorable argument to be made for you switching to points, but no one knows for sure if the the 110 referral limit will be enforced on the points system.

@tk1970 wrote:

OK, it makes more sense.  I think it is an offer directed to me for changing the programs.   So it is 190 points per month, but as with the old program, im sure they will cap me at 110 or something...  thanks!   

@tk1970 - oh, was it a offer that made you switch from the Old Rewards program to the New Public Points program? If so, and you switched because of this, I am kinda sorry to hear that. But I am sure some people are fine on this new rewards program (it's better than nothing). I don't think you will get many regulars switching to the new points program any time soon though.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tk1970 

Oh.... So you changed reward programs? How long have you been a customer? If you change from $$ rewards to the points program you get to one point for every month you have been a customer with public mobile. But you lose $50 per year (after 5 years) in the switch from loyal to rewards to anniversary points.

tk1970

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

At first I thought this may have had something to do with the current '3x Points-Back' offers for new activations.

But, are you seeing this on your My Rewards page @tk1970? It says 'could'...is this an offer directed to you for changing plans or something?

Is there a screenshot you can share without any personal info. though please.

@tk1970 wrote:

How many cycles per year?  When it was dollars, i would earn 1$ per month....

There is a renewal cycle every 30 days, no change from before.  Theoretically a point is a $1.  The earnings rate with the point system is at lower rate compared to the old reward system.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tk1970 

That's a good question. I am going to assume that is per month if based on the info I know from the old rewards program. Let's see how the math adds up....

• 110 points for friend referrals.
  • 14.25 points with the current 3×get back points promotion ($95/40gb plan)
  • 20 points for give back/community points.*
  • 10 anniversary points.
  • 5 welcome points
  • 145.25 points per month+anniversary and welcome points for the first year equaling 15 points.

*Only oracles earn 20 points per month otherwise the maximum give back points reward is 15 points per month.

So no as far as I can tell I don't see how you can earn up to 190 points per month. But I also don't see where the math comes from for 190 points per year either.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

In the get help faq for points:

Is there a limit to how many points I can earn? There’s no limit with Public Points! Earn to your heart’s desire.

What I'd like to know is can one do multiple redemptions of the $15 to pay for say like all the way to the $95 plan. Redeem 95 points for multiple $15 redemptions. Per 30 days.

@tk1970 wrote:

the on rewards page it says "You could earn up to 190 pts" - is this per month or per year?

Are you looking at the section that says "What to expect with Public Points"? Keep in mind that in almost all cases, it's better for existing customers not to switch to points.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Arguably there is no limit with the refer a friend points, but getting 190 friends to sign up right away is quite the feat.  It has been discussed that the system will allow something like 110 referrals.  

tk1970

How many cycles per year?  When it was dollars, i would earn 1$ per month....

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @tk1970   that is per cycle

you earn one point for each friend you referred per cycle , as long as your friend stays on PM

But I thought the limit for friend referrals is 100 or something

maybe the other 90 points are from other rewards? Community rewards, 5% points back , etc

Need Help? Let's chat.